Frugal Q & A

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Frugal Q & A

Post by colonialgirl »

This is a fun thread.

1. What is the last thing you spent money on? Pedicure

2. What is one thing you refuse to ever spend money on? School fundraisers selling junk door to door.

3. What is the most expensive thing you ever purchased? (My house)

4. What is your favorite "frugal splurge"? none really

5. What is your favorite NON-frugal splurge? Antiques or china

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? My first clothes dryer. It ran 34 years with one belt replacement.

7. What is a recent frugal score or bargain that you got? None - I haven't shopped since March. Just buy what I need.

8. What is something you hate paying for but you do it anyway? Real estate taxes.

9. What is the FIRST thing you would do if you won a million dollars? I would do a few home improvements and save the rest. Now give me 10 million and there is lots I would do.

10. What do you wish you had more TIME for? Everything really -even retired there is never enough time.

11. Have you ever been teased or questioned for being frugal? All of my life.

12. What frugal habit would you continue if you had all the money in the world? Probably most of them - I don't like waste.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? My 30 dollar desk.

I bought this thing at an antique store years ago. I love it.

It has two levels. You have the desktop and then before the drawers, there are shelves. Love it.

And if you want to open the drawers, you have to push a button underneath them. Has anyone else run into that?

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

What is the last thing you spent money on? Take out pizza with the family

2. What is one thing you refuse to ever spend money on? School fundraisers selling junk door to door. I totally agree CG

3. What is the most expensive thing you ever purchased? (My house)

4. What is your favorite "frugal splurge"? the "log cabin look" work I had done in my sunroom

5. What is your favorite NON-frugal splurge? primitives, I love them but so pricey

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? My first freezer, it is still working in dads house garage

7. What is a recent frugal score or bargain that you got? None - I haven't shopped since Feb Just buy what I need.

8. What is something you hate paying for but you do it anyway? Taxes

9. What is the FIRST thing you would do if you won a million dollars? I would build a log house

10. What do you wish you had more TIME for? I seem to have the time I just have a hard time staying motivated here lately

11. Have you ever been teased or questioned for being frugal? All of my life, but I am usually the first they come to when there is a problem.

12. What frugal habit would you continue if you had all the money in the world? Probably most but I would hire out yard work and maybe dusting.

JCKitty

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

1. What is the last thing you spent money on? Groceries (99% food)

2. What is one thing you refuse to ever spend money on? Cable or any other TV service

3. What is the most expensive thing you ever purchased? The house

4. What is your favorite "frugal splurge"? Picking a room and doing a minor 'overhaul' - it usually only costs paint and a few textiles.

5. What is your favorite NON-frugal splurge? I can reno then redecorate a whole house if allowed, LOL

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? For example, that appliance that is still going 20 years later, etc. A mattress that came out of a box from Amazon. After years of being disappointed by high-dollar mattresses, this one is like new 5 years after purchase. Also, the Kitchenaid.

7. What is a recent frugal score or bargain that you got? Free furniture, free refrigerator. Sold the furniture (took it as a favor to the executor of an estate), gave the $ to someone who needs it, and kept the fridge for use in the garage.

8. What is something you hate paying for but you do it anyway? Something necessary that I know is engineered to fail. Did you know that the anticipated lifespan of a pillow (for sleep) now is 6 months? When I was younger (dinosaurs roamed the earth, and...) pillows lasted YEARS. And for much less $ than you can get a 'good' one now. - signed, the woman who just bought ANOTHER pillow, right before those groceries :lol:

9. What is the FIRST thing you would do if you won a million dollars? Pay off the house and put the rest away in case either kid wants an MD or PhD. A trip to Norway in between, after the pandemic.

10. What do you wish you had more TIME for? Time, I have. It's energy, these days, that lags, LOL.

11. Have you ever been teased or questioned for being frugal? No, but I have a way of dealing with people who bug me once that ensures they don't bug me again. It's a gift ;) Word gets around and acts as prevention (I'm not mean, I don't think I've ever been that, I'm just terribly direct).

12. What frugal habit would you continue if you had all the money in the world? Cooking and baking at home. Restaurant food tastes terrible these days.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

1. What is the last thing you spent money on? A few groceries, I also bought sock, a book and orthotic insoles off of Amazon.

2. What is one thing you refuse to ever spend money on? never say never, I have grandchildren, but I avoid cheap toys, bottled water only when I have no other choice

3. What is the most expensive thing you ever purchased? House with Ex, car

4. What is your favorite "frugal splurge"? Sewing machine

5. What is your favorite NON-frugal splurge? Travel

6. What is one of the best things you ever bought? For a while I went around saying something was the best money I ever spent. Can't remember what it was, but my sewing machine (mid level)

7. What is a recent frugal score or bargain that you got? None

8. What is something you hate paying for but you do it anyway? Parking!

9. What is the FIRST thing you would do if you won a million dollars? Pay off my car, Invest for retirement, I'd love to retire now and find a fun job just to keep me busy

10. What do you wish you had more TIME for? I too have time. It is opportunity (due to pandemic) and motivation that is lacking

11. Have you ever been teased or questioned for being frugal? Yes

12. What frugal habit would you continue if you had all the money in the world? No sure

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

1. I just made a clicklist order

2. There is no one thing I won't spend money on, I just try to get things as cheaply as possible.

3. Most expensive thing would be my former house

4. Books, fabtuc. Yarn and chocolate are my splurged. Not necessarily frugal.

5. Non frual spluges include good clothes and fine dining and travel

6. Have to think on this one.

7. Free vegetables from the neighbors

8. Hate paying for moving costs right now.

9. If I win a million I would take care of my kids first, made sure they could care for me second and donate.

10. Im retired. Time is my friend

11. I dont get teased for being frugal but its not something I advertise and that people would know unless they are close.

12. I would consider all my frugal habits that have to do with sustainability. ...cloth napkins, food waste. Combining errands and so on.
Did not copy and paste. Sorry.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com