Daily Check In August 7, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In August 7, 2020

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Friends,

I am having a completely relaxing day at home and feeling quite unapologetic about it! I was up at 5:00 and had taken both dogs on long walks by 7:00. Lingered over coffee and breakfast, took a very long (even for me) shower, did my shoulder exercises and went to a yard sale where I found NOTHING I wanted to purchase - - came home and put my cash back in the jar.

The yard sale was quite over-priced. I mean the items, like old Pyrex, were probably worth the prices they are asking - but nobody around here is going to (or can) pay those prices -- unless maybe they have a dealer who stops by and wants to buy a bunch of it as a lot or something.

I have tofu draining in the frige, will saute that with some fresh veggies for my lunch. I really have NOTHING I need to do today and it feels amazing. I did my "tidying up" yesterday evening because I know I won't relax unless it is done - and I wanted to relax today. A nap may even be on the agenda!

The weather is perfect - I think it is supposed to rain later - we could use it. Wishing you all a blessed day!

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Did my morning walk today

My knee is hurting again. Not sure what I did to it.

Today will be spent doing inside chores. Now that the yard is nice and cut, I don't have to be out there clearing land - lol

I am watering since I don't want my new sod to die.

I did clean out some raised beds so maybe that is why I am hurting?

Hope all have a great day

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I woke up much too early this morning 5 am.

I have gathered and put out my trash.

I cut out the design for the bib. I am using the daisy print fabric. That I used for my masks. I also cut out another mask. There are several more things I want to cut out so I left the portable table up in the living room.

I had to call maintenance to fix the lock to my balcony door I couldn’t open it.

My shopping helper is at H-E-B now, she couldn’t get some of my items.

There was actually a coupon in store for my batteries.

I am trying to decide if I want to use the cloth bag that my sheets came in for masks. I have a tiny rose pattern. One of Target’s Shabby Chic.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

itspennyc wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:34 am
I woke up much too early this morning 5 am.

I have gathered and put out my trash.

I cut out the design for the bib. I am using the daisy print fabric. That I used for my masks. I also cut out another mask. There are several more things I want to cut out so I left the portable table up in the living room.

I had to call maintenance to fix the lock to my balcony door I couldn’t open it.

My shopping helper is at H-E-B now, she couldn’t get some of my items.

There was actually a coupon in store for my batteries.

I am trying to decide if I want to use the cloth bag that my sheets came in for masks. I have a tiny rose pattern. One of Target’s Shabby Chic.
Make sure the bag is 100% cotton (doesn't matter if it is woven cotton or stretch cotton, just as long as it is cotton).

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Already the morning has escaped from me! I have kept busy almost every minute of it though. I went for my pick up order from Walmart this morning and then of course needed to put everything away. After that headed to the garden to pick some produce. Today it was green beans, 4 zucchini ( sorry Gayle!), rhubarb, parsley, basil and oregano. I washed the zucchini and plan on veggie fritters tonight. Just stored the beans in the fridge for now and cooked up the rhubarb. I also watered the grass and garden, and pots,along with deadheading. All of that stuff takes time. But dh and I have been doing some fun things lately too which is so important.

Logics I love lighthouses as well. We have a small, unoccupied one at our harbour which is very pretty.

I will have my walk for exercise after lunch- think I’ll just have broccoli slaw for a change with perhaps an English muffin and cheese. Rhubarb and plain yogurt for dessert.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hey everyone,

DS let me know he plans to be here until Monday, Then he mentioned about wanting to borrow his Dad's air mattress but he thinks one of the future step-daughters is using it. I told him to ask my Mom for her's tonight when we go to dinner.

I gave blood last night and it went well, unlike last time where something got kinked up and then they stuck the other arm and it too kinked up. I had bruises for more than a week. Today I merely have a mark from the needle.

I keep bugging DS about the leftovers from Tuesday's dinner he said he was going to eat. He says "Yes, I will eat them. I have time." I guess I try to eat up leftovers pretty fast. But they are taking up space in my fridge.

Have a great day,
Maggie