my credit score :-(

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: my credit score :-(

Post by BevMoore »

Everything looks good on my credit record and the score reflects that but there is a flag indicating there have been 3 credit inquiries. I don't recall giving anyone permission to access my credit record. Can people go in and just snoop around which affects my credit score?

Bev
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

BevMoore wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:12 am Everything looks good on my credit record and the score reflects that but there is a flag indicating there have been 3 credit inquiries. I don't recall giving anyone permission to access my credit record. Can people go in and just snoop around which affects my credit score?

Bev
When you check your own credit report, that often counts as a soft inquiry. Your current creditors can do soft inquiries whenever they like, pretty much. Also if you've gotten any "pre-approved offers, those often start with a soft inquiry.

Have you signed up for any new utilites, cable tv, etc? Have you made any changes to insurance policies, or gotten new ones? Or applied for a job?

Have any existing credit cards, lines of credit, or loans, increased/decreased your credit limits, or changed the interest rates?
ohjodi
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:31 pm You can get a free credit report from this site, but if you want your credit score you have to pay for it.
Ah, yes
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Ohjodi, I haven't made any changes or done anything. Oh well they will drop off and my score is still good so I won't worry about it.

Bev
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

My oldest account fell off the radar as it was 7 years old. I got a new credit card. My score went down almost thirty points even though my debt ration severely decreased!!@@ lol.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

eta I can acrss my credit score AND my credit report/history through my cap one credit card