Daily Check in Oct 17, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 17, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning folks,

DSG needs something. Be right back

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Oct 17, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello all,

DGS slept well. Fell asleep about 8:30 and got up about 7 AM. We have been busy. He has been running a bit of a fever, but some Generic tylenol helped.

Just moved form the living room with the toy trains to the family room where Sesame Street is on. We will go to DS1's apartment to feed the cat and look for a light jacket of sweatshirt and more socks.

Hubby and DS have to be at the high school before 2 to get ready for a 2 hour drive to the football game. They will not be back until about midnight.
Have a good day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugals

Another chilly day this morning, once again it is at the freezing mark. None of that ugly white stuff as of yet, but I do know it is just down the road a bit.

Today we load up the truck and Hubby will take the load to the landfill. Then he is going to go and pick up the chair I bought on my spend day. Never knew how hard it would be to pick out a chair, after all you have to try each and every one out, multiply that by 2 (cause even though I sit in it the most it has to suit Hubby as well). I think we sat in every possible chair in three furniture stores (shhh, don't tell him there is one more or we'll be trying those out today). This means a bit of a good vacuuming will be necessary once we get the old chair out the door.

The rest of the day will be spent sewing, moving clothing around, and just plain sticking close to home. I do have some peppers that need processing, or freezing, or something done to them and I hope to clear those out as well today.

Supper tonight will be a bag of leftover ham made into a hearty casserole, just not sure what type of casserole as of yet. I have some bits and bobs of veggies in the crisper that need to be used so they will be added as well.

Today I am grateful for clear skies and a day full of promise.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie

delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Good morning, all. I planned my meals out for next week by looking at a cookbook that has simple meals in it. I can't type long- DS wants attention!

AnneX

Post by AnneX »

good morning

A chilly weekend, but I don't thnk we'll get frost here in the city. I might cover my tomatoes and bring my herbs in doors tonight just in case.

I plan to go to a film about the Impressionists this afternoon at the Hot Docs cinema. I'm going to phone a friend to see if she wants to go. Another friend who would normally be interested will surely be opting to watch the ball game instead.

Ive been working on a pastel landscape of a photo i took last weekend. My art instructor suggested i use Monet as my inspiration, so perhaps I'll get some help from the film.

Later I may go back to little fruit store i was at yesterday and get more of the tiny very sweet green grapes i got yesterday. they were a good price. Should probably get some salmon for supper. I haven't had fish for awhile.

Take care,
AnneX

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I woke up far too early this morning. 4:30 am. I couldn’t fall asleep again. I see a nap in my future.

Today is grocery shopping day. I have a list but I don’t think it is complete. I know I have left off several things. I realized one item as I left the store I forgot the 6 volt lantern. It is actually less expensive to buy the lantern then the battery. Plus you get new bulbs, the new ones are LED.

I took advantage of several in-store coupons. I bought some cold cuts and got free package of cheese. I bought some hot dogs and got free buns and mustard. I don’t like this brand of mustard I will be giving it away.

Penny