High Grocery Prices - Are you doing things differently?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: High Grocery Prices - Are you doing things differently?

Post by ohjodi »

jckitty wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:07 pm Quilter,
from your post i can see that you have made your move!!! Awesome! Hope your new apartment is everything you wanted it to be.

I wish we had boxes for seniors around here...I could really help my renter/friend and can think of others that would benefit from them.
JCKitty
You may have already done this, but advice to anyone looking for food distribution or pantries, call a local senior citizens center in your town or county, even if you're not a senior. They will know of all resources (for any age/income), and also will know of one-time distributions.

Find facebook groups for general information in your area, and join. Sometimes these things are only known via the grapevine, which really irks me. They don't notify the newspaper, both print and online, they often don't list on their own facebook pages, etc. But AFTER the event, or fundraiser, etc, there's a full spread in the paper, lol
ohjodi
Quilter51

Re: High Grocery Prices - Are you doing things differently?

Post by Quilter51 »

My apartment complex gives a food box and you can choose 20 items and there is a food bank the apartment takes you to one a week that is not income required where you can choose from what is available. Right now I feel comfortable doing this after my high moving expenses, deposits for electric and such. Doubt that it will be aging term thing but I'm comfy with it long as there is enough for all, especially knowing that I give all the ti.e myself, craft for charity and so on.

After next month I dunno if I will participate, but if you'll excuse my language moving is damned expensive in the short term, even if it will save money in the long term.

Yes, I'm in Texas and will update probably in tomorrow's checkin.