Daily Check-in September 22, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-in September 22, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Jackielou wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:18 am
This is my life at the dentists. High gag reflex, heck I even gag brushing my back teeth.
Same here. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

G'd morning frugals,

Happy first day of Fall and Fall has always meant new changes. I think this dates back to when I was a kid in school and fall always meant new clothes, new teachers. A fresh start. Yesterday it hit me that the reason I have not been able to control my diabetes for the past six months is due to the stress and anxiety that the pandemic (and resulting disruptions in my life) , social media and the news. I have deactivated my FB account and will continue to do more house cleaning on my computer. I love this site; it is soothing to me so I plan to remain here.

My diet is not perfect but I don't think it should be sending my fasting glucose up to 200 even with the increase in my metformin dosage. I don't drink sodas, have cut my wine consumption waaaaay back, do not eat sweets but I do like my snacky foods. I have been controlling that. So I cannot totally blame my eating. I have e-mailed my doctor about this and plan to start getting mental health therapy soon. Its gotten to the point that my life depends on it. I haven't even had my blood pressure checked. More than likely it isn't that great either. I do not want to increase my meds. Not only is it an unhealthy way to live but as I have told some people I believe we are on the brink of a civil war which could mean disruptions in the supply chain of food and medicine, even worse than it has been. I feel it's very important to try to wean myself off of as much medication as possible.

So instead of wasting time on social media I intend to become more proactive in my mental health and preparing for possible civil disruptions. I will start by trying to set up an inventory system of foods I keep on hand. I expect to lean even more towards a legumes diet. They have a super long shelf life if properly stored.

Bev

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Add me to the scared of dentists....really any doctors. I have "white coat anxiety".
Maggie, try to get out at last once a day. I have been feeling much better if I just go to the recycle depot and it is only 2 miles away.

I have been thinking and then moving furniture around, I love having my new to me shed....storing stuff that is going to be sold/donated. It is helping me get rid of stuff, if it goes to the shed and I don't miss it....it's outa here! :lol:

I did a lot yesterday, today will be house stuff. I need to do some dusting and laundry. Also a load of dog rugs as the prednisone causes him to potty at night on a dog rug on top of a plastic coated potty pad. It is getting better, so that's good.

I hope I hear from my worker today saying tomorrow is the day, I am so anxious to have this done.

The state political ads have been ramping up in intensity...so hateful and mean. I have also been getting alot more political calls....I am over it.

I watched the series premier of Filthy Rich last night...I think I am going to like it....it's a lot of "fluff and silliness " but I enjoyed it.
Off to start the dreaded dusting...after i check a few blogs....not real motivated this AM :?

JCKitty

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Chilly again this morning. I am wearing a cotton jacket over a long-sleeved blouse.

Maggie, I am so sorry to hear about the young man found on the road. Such a terrible loss of a young life. (((hugs)))

I had a busy morning inventorying rooms. The graduate student and I decided that the day had come that we had to do a walk-through of every room in the dorm because the record keeping is so messed up at the main office. So we checked every room and I took notes of everything that was needed, typed it up and sent it upstream. Then I turned in work orders for maintenance issues and inventoried the room keys. After I deliver lunches to the students, I will inventory supplies.

Busy day!
Mackie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All wood floors washed (my extra chore for today), desk is cleaned and tidied, garbage bin back into the yard, some more plants dumped, ironing done, and some emails and messages sent.

I might take this coffee and sit on the steps in front (along with the phone of course) to get some fresh air.

Once coffee is done it will be back to work. I want to sweep and mop the kitchen, dust off my two large angel ornaments, and put everything back in place (after a good dusting) into the dining room. I can then cut out those masks from the remnant of black fabric I found.

I am already tired out, but with the living room full of the dining room furniture I need to keep right on going. Hmmm, this could be a two mug coffee break. :D

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I did it!

Got all the heavy laundry done! So happy now. I had been such a slug. All my quilts were dirty. I was down to a couple of fleece blankets - lol

Everything is now nice and clean - lots of super hot water. Don't know why I had been putting it off.

Maybe just this whole weird situation. Sometimes when I see people around me with masks on, I think we are in a movie. I wore my mask the whole time I was in the 'mat. About an hour. Another reason I love going there - wash, dry, fold everything and you are done quickly. Even one load of laundry here at home takes longer than that. And I read my vanity fair magazines that had been piling up. And left them there for others to enjoy later. I don't know why I don't read them here at home - :?

Afterwards went to the local store and got myself some nice ribeyes and baker potatoes. Ribeyes were 5.99 a lb - good price.

I feel accomplished! :mrgreen: