Daily Check in - 23 September 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Daily Check in - 23 September 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in - 23 September 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

I can't believe I am first.

Slept okay. Had a few weird dreams as usual. Pups slept through the night

When they wanted to go out this morning, I thought it was maybe 5am - nope almost 7. Still dark at that time

The sun is out now. Looks like it is going to be a nice day

Going for the weekly breakfast gathering.

Have a great day all

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We had some rain come through last night, which for those who have finished harvesting is wonderful, those still harvesting are not as happy. Me, any and all precipitation is welcome at this point.

This will be short as I want to get out this morning for a short walk, something I have been unable to do the past couple of days because of sleeping in. I may just finish it up when I get home from said walk.

Off to get another coffee, and start Hubby's coffee before I head out the door. Heck I may even get the dusting done before I go.

See you all in about 45 minutes.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Clem and all.

I also slept through the night until 7 a.m. Pippi did not cry for her breakfast - which actually made me kind of nervous. But she got up with me at 7 and ate well.

This morning I’ll stop at Publix on the way to mom’s house. There I’ll do something, maybe trim the hibiscus and allamanda on the side. The weather finally feels a bit like fall so I’ll put the corn on the door. Hope to get to the garden shop on Friday for some fall flowers.

Back home I’ll start putting out my own fall decor. I haven’t started my latest puzzle yet and decided to do the library one instead of the PEI one.

Doctor appointment went better than expected. Cholesterol was not perfect but better than expected and BP very good. But ... I’ve gained 12 pounds since mom died and I mentioned it to my doctor and she said she had noticed it in the records. So I’m really going to try to eat healthier and lose it.

Have a good day.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Got up a bit later than I usuzlly do; guess I really needed the extra sleep.

It's going to be a gorgeous day today with the temp going up to the mid 70s so I will definitely make some time to go outside for a while. I took a short walk yesterday but it despite it being close to 70 degrees, there was a breeze that made it seem much cooler.

Going to be doing some more with my website today. I found it a bit fun trying to find the error that had developed but also surprised that it hadn't been picked up sooner. Also surprised because the page was supposed to be in a folder that doesn't exist and not one that I can even imagine having created previously. My concern was that my website had been hacked but I've got a really strong password on it so I couldn't imagine what was happening.

A few months ago I started getting notices that someone from Vietnam was trying to hack into one of my email accounts. And it was apparently close enough to get the notices from Yahoo, so I've now changed it to a 23 character password with all kinds of upper and lower case letters and punctuation marks and symbols and haven't gotten a notice so I'm going to assume for the time being it worked. It's sad that there's always someone out there trying to steal something from you.

Tonight I'm planning on having Chunky Soup.

Today's day is for Rinty if she comes around. Today's designated day is UK National Fitness Day. This day in the U.S. is held in May. It was created to celebrate the fun of fitness and physical exercise. According to its creators, this day is intended to "inspire people to commit to changing their routines by adding physical exercise and workouts for a lifetime of better health".

Despite the fact that most of us know that regular physical exercise leads to a healthier, more energetic life. It can also help to extend one's life. So why is it so hard to do? Why is it so easy to slip and get away from taking the best of care of our bodies? It takes time and dedication and yes, we all have our busy schedules, not enough time in the day excuses. And food is in easy reach no matter where you happen to be. Going to the refrigerator to grab a bite to eat or something is much easier than working out or jogging. And then walking back and forth to the refrigerator is exercise, right?

So today make it a point to stop the excuses (guilty as charged on this end) and commit to a healthier you. Today, the excuses must stop. Pull out your calendar for the month and pencil in a regular and routine time to exercise, even if it's only a short walk.

P.S. Don't forget to work your brain also as it, too, needs its daily exercise.

Have a wonderful day.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update,
WelI I am back from my walk, only did 20 minutes, but at least it was something.

Today's frugal activities will include (but not be limited to) working on some fall cleaning, making my grocery list, sewing some masks, and doing the usual knitting while watching free TV to me (youngest DS lets me piggyback on his Netflix).

All this while waiting for "the call". As I have said before, I probably won't get it until Friday, which will just anger me.

Fall cleaning today will be washing light fixtures in the front of the house (living room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom). I will need Hubby's help getting one fixture off. Yet once off these will all be a quick wash to clean. I may even do the insides of one set of cupboards.

Well off to get started on the daily routine. Will check in a bit later.

Supper tonight is going to be Leftover Pork roast. I need to get a package of grated zucchini out of the freezer. I plan on making the Pork Zucchini bake tonight.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.