Daily Check-in September 24, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in September 24, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Will not bore you with what is going on here. Basically the same.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama

floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in September 24, 2020

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Janet and all.

I’m up early because I didn’t sleep well at all.

Today will be fun because I’m going for a belated birthday lunch with three friends. One of the friends just returned from visiting her grandchildren. We are going to a new waterfront restaurant - outdoors, of course. I think that Florida will have better luck controlling the virus now because fall and winter are the seasons we want to be outdoors. Unlike most places, summer is no fun here.

If I’m not too tired later, I may go to Publix. I didn’t go yesterday after looking at the ad that starts today which is much better than the ad in effect yesterday.

Pippi is not eating as well. She lost weight on her last visit. I hope she doesn’t lose more tomorrow morning.

Have a good day.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:01 am
Good morning Janet and all.

I’m up early because I didn’t sleep well at all.

Today will be fun because I’m going for a belated birthday lunch with three friends. One of the friends just returned from visiting her grandchildren. We are going to a new waterfront restaurant - outdoors, of course. I think that Florida will have better luck controlling the virus now because fall and winter are the seasons we want to be outdoors. Unlike most places, summer is no fun here.

If I’m not too tired later, I may go to Publix. I didn’t go yesterday after looking at the ad that starts today which is much better than the ad in effect yesterday.

Pippi is not eating as well. She lost weight on her last visit. I hope she doesn’t lose more tomorrow morning.

Have a good day.
Hope Pippi improves and eats better. They are such a worry when they have medical problems.
Janet Alliesmama

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Florida, have a great belated birthday lunch. Sorry that Pippi is having such a hard time. I, too, didn't sleep well last night. Woke up at 1:00ish and even though I stayed in bed, i couldn't get back to sleep.

Today will be another mild day in the mid 70s, but cloudy.

Just got back from the grocery store closest to me; will have to go to the other store tomorrow because that's when their sale starts. Today I plan on doing some more work on my website, doing my Duolingo, some more reading and perhaps some word and number puzzles.

Tonight's menu is a slice of pizza and side of something; haven't yet decided.

Today has been designated as "National Cherries Jubilee Day". If you enjoy cherries, then you must absolutely love this day. To make it, all you need is a can of cherry pie filling, some cognac (or brandy) and vanilla ice cream.

Have a nice day all.

Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Good morning everyone!

I can't believe I am up and semi-functional at 6:22 am! I got up at about 4:45 am and decided that lying in bed wasn't going to do much but bore me so I got up to watch the morning news and have an espresso.

Today our weather is to be in the mid-70s F/ 20s C. That should be a good day. Friends on their farm have finished their harvest. Seems so early to me! I'm used to growing up in corn and soy bean country where they are still harvesting into October. I even remember years that it rained so much in the fall that the farm friends, I went to school with, were out harvesting once the ground had frozen in November.

Today's task is to throw in more laundry. I'll put it in the dryer except for my leggings. They dry very quickly once tosses over the couch.

i need to unload the dishwasher and fill it with the few odds and ends on the stove from last night. i need to check to see if I have some CLR to run through my espresso machine. It has been clogging up and then I get frustrated by not getting my caffeine without hassle. I need my caffeine to be hassle free! This morning? I got my espresso hassle free. Yesterday? A complete gong show of running water, cleaning the screen etc. It doesn't need much for cleaning but I've put off using the last of the CLR to descale it. That will be today. After at least one more espresso this morning.

Another plan I have for today is to make that carrot soup. I found a very easy recipe on line that doesn't include any dairy (I kind of looked for one with milk or whatever for a creamy soup). I figure that with just the carrots, onions and some spices, it will be better on the waistline (like I have one anymore?!). I think I"ll start that mid-afternoon to have for supper with toast.

Time to make that second espresso and drag out the CLR. I can let that sit in the espresso machine for its time this morning and then rinse it out multiple times this afternoon and that will be its cleaning for the next 4 months.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

MJ
"When they show you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou

Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:01 am

I hope little Pippi begins to eat better. I am sorry she hasn't been eating well. I hope her doctor's visit goes well.
"When they show you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou