Daily Check-in September 24, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in September 24, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,
I woke up early, My back again. I got take out for dinner, A cheeseburger in a lettuce wrap. It came with a side of fries, tater tots or Onion rings. I got onion rings. While my blood sugar was up, this Am was not as bad as I feared.

I also ground coffee last night. AM Maggie was grateful to last night Maggie for doing that. With my extra time, I cut up veggies, Lettuce and carrots for a salad, carrot and celery ticks for a snack and diced onion and celery for either tuna or Salmon, salad on top of the lettuce or patties. I will decide when I go to make my lunch.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

I have had quite a busy one! I cleaned up the remaining garden ornaments ready for winter storage. Some are looking a little raggedy and perhaps should be replaced. I also pulled the dead flowers out of a couple of pots and emptied the earth out into the veggie garden. Then I focused my efforts inside and cleaned the main bathroom, medicine cabinet and cupboard under the vanity sink. Next I tackled the en-suite bathroom and now it is sparkling too. And now I feel a little pooped!

Floridacatlover I sure hope Pippi feels a bit better- just have reassurance you have done everything possible for her. And I hope you have a lovely patio lunch!

I must make my lunch soon as I need to start walking to the lab around 12:30. Keeping my fingers crossed that my sodium levels are increasing. I have been following all the recommendations and not sure what else I can do.

The last two days temperature wise have been much above normal- very summery. I guess that’s been our Indian summer. Much more seasonal today so I’ll need to wear a jacket.

Have a lovely day everyone!
Creative

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I discovered that I could cut out 2 more Gnome masks, so I did. I also cut out as an appliqué one and put it on my denim tote bag. It was tricky as the bag is deep.

I still need to cut the red for the lining of my Gnome bag plus the 2 sets of fabric for the inside of my masks.

Once I do that I will put away the cutting board and table. I really need to declutter my living room. This table takes up such a huge amount of space it is difficult.

I have a lot of First aid supplies that need to be put away.

Today’s lunch will be liver, I love liver so I am looking forward to lunch.

Penny

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Penny,

I love liver and onions also, haven't had it since my daddy died. He loved it and I tried to make it for him at least once a month....it sounds really good. You enjoy!

FloridaCat, just want you to know I pray for Pippi right along with my other prayers...hope she does better soon.

Picked up my repaired diamond ring from the jewelers, it looks awesome. I have got to do a better job of remembering to remove my rings when doing work...I am too hard on my jewelry. I am going to take some others in for cleaning and checking when I pick up the other ring I have in for repair. It's free every 3 months so I will have them cleaned and prongs checked.

JCKitty

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

by jckitty » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 am

Penny,

I love liver and onions also, haven't had it since my daddy died. He loved it and I tried to make it for him at least once a month....it sounds really good. You enjoy!

FloridaCat, just want you to know I pray for Pippi right along with my other prayers...hope she does better soon.

Picked up my repaired diamond ring from the jewelers, it looks awesome. I have got to do a better job of remembering to remove my rings when doing work...I am too hard on my jewelry. I am going to take some others in for cleaning and checking when I pick up the other ring I have in for repair. It's free every 3 months so I will have them cleaned and prongs checked.

JCKitty
I don't make the onions. But I love liver. I discovered that my store sells Skylark Calf Liver frozen in one portion sizes. Just perfect, you thaw it when you are ready to use it in water. I use hot water. As I plan on cooking it the minute it the minute it is flexible.

I cook the one 4 oz slice. Add some frozen peas and I have my dinner.

Clean up is now easy since I discovered the Dawn dish spray. I only use it on difficult to wash items. I let it set about half an hour and the mess just wipes up. I refuse to waste it on easy to wash items.

Penny

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, folks. I am having a somewhat busy day. Yesterday, after the campus virus numbers hit a historic low, one positive student exposed 18 people on one residence hall floor. They are quarantined in their rooms, since it was pretty much the whole floor, and she is here in strict isolation. She basically did everything wrong. Unfortunately, there are no repercussions for being a dangerous idiot if Mother Nature does not deal harshly with a situation.

Yes, I feel growly today. Although for once Rosie the blind dog did not wake us up in the middle of the night for a potty break. Sleep disturbances are a problem with blind animals because they don't get enough sunlight to their brains to control their biological clock. She thinks 4 a.m. is 6 a.m. lately.

It's cool and rainy today. We have not had daytime rain in ages, but will have a couple of days of it. Feels like fall for sure.

May there be blessings of peace, rest and less pain for Patty, Gayle and Little Miss as they heal today, and may everyone have a peaceful day.
Mackie