Useful property tax tip

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Useful property tax tip

Post by frugalmom »

Hi y'all! I was calling the property tax collector and on the phone I heard something about senior exemptions! So I asked what that was all about. Well, in this county (you will have to check with your own county of course), if you are a senior citizen (I am not,but my husband is and can take the exemption still), you can get exemption for any taxes with an asterisk next to it. I guess they are the extra taxes like Mello Roos,etc. I am not sure yet since I did not get my property tax bill yet. When I do get it, I will look and see how much I can save! Hey,any amount will be helpful and would be appreciated! I already take a home owner's exemption like homestead and that is worth 7,000.00. I will update you to the kind of taxes when I see my bill and overall how much it saved me-like I said any little bit will help.

So I don't know if you all will have this senior exemption and never heard about it before, BUT I thought I better let you all know so you all can check too!

Any tips that you recently found out in regards to anything? How about any tips on property taxes?