Looking back...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
randamax

Looking back...

Post by randamax »

I am trying to live my life very thoughtfully and intentionally. The journey has been an exercise in finding out what I believe to be really important. Along the way, I've eliminated some things that do not bring me joy, and I've found some other things that bring me boundless pleasure. This blog is one such thing. I don't know this woman at all, and yet I feel like she's become an old friend and wise advisor. In sharing this, it is my hope that you will find something that will stir joy and creativity in your life.

http://gdonna.com/living-like-the-past/

jckitty

Re: Looking back...

Post by jckitty »

Randa,
I read her blog... she reminds me so much of my grandma
JCKitty

randamax

Post by randamax »

jckitty wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:27 am
Randa,
I read her blog... she reminds me so much of my grandma
JCKitty
I've really been enjoying her blog. She's just so REAL. Very down to earth with her thoughts and feelings. It's truly a pleasure to read.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I just love the old diary entries, so interesting.
Do you remember the ones where the writer was talking about making dozens of donuts and then taking them somewhere to sell?
I wonder what kind of donuts...cake..yeast and how did they keep them fresh enough to sell? Can you tell I am all about the pastries? :lol:
I noticed they were always making some kind of sweets...cakes, pies and stuff. I wish I could eat all of that and not look like a barrel LOL
I mean I know they did hard physical work and probably worked those calories off, but that's alot of desserts.
I did get my oil lamps out and installed new wicks and bought some lamp oil for "just in case".
JCKitty

jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I am trying to live my life very thoughtfully and intentionally. The journey has been an exercise in finding out what I believe to be really important. Along the way, I've eliminated some things that do not bring me joy, and I've found some other things that bring me boundless pleasure. This blog is one such thing. I don't know this woman at all, and yet I feel like she's become an old friend and wise advisor. In sharing this, it is my hope that you will find something that will stir joy and creativity in your life.

http://gdonna.com/living-like-the-past/

Thanks for recommending this blog. I love it. So many memories come to life when reading it.
Thank you!
JGomez

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Very nice blog. Thanks for sharing.