Daily Check-in October 6, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in October 6, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Up early this morning, slept about 5 hours only but awoke and unable to get back to sleep. Will probably rest a bit later today. We are having beautiful fall weather so plans are to get out for a walk a bit later once it warms up.

While at the store yesterday I finally found yeast and bought a package of 3. I have watched a couple of You Tube videos on how to make no knead bread and I am anxious to try it, especially since it can be used as rolls instead of a single loaf of bread. Some sandwich meats seem to taste better on rolls to me for some reason. Rolls are expensive here; $3.99 for 6 for commercial at the high end or .40 each for $2.40 at the lower end. Now .40 isn't a bad price for a local bakery roll, but at another of my local stores, they want twice that even if you could get them single which you can't during the pandemic at the one store. I've never attempted to make bread before so it will be a new experience for me. I think I might try it a bit later on today. I mean, what's the worse that could happen; they don't turn out? But if they do turn out, then they're a cheaper alternative.

I got my ballot in the mail yesterday; it's completed and ready to go. Not sure yet as to whether I'm going to drop it off at the County Board of Elections or wait till early voting on Oct 24th and drop it off at the Community Center polling location in town.

Did my Tuesday chores already with the exception of making my bed. Will do that when my downstairs neighbor gets up.

Yesterday I spent a great deal of time playing one single game on Pogo.com. I most certainly could have made more productive use of the time. Oh well.

Today is another budget meal day for me, a frozen entree.

Today has been designated as "Physician's Assistant Day" celebrating and recognizing the importance and skills of this career. The highly trained Physician's Assistant is an invaluable aide to physicians and general practitioners.

The profession of Physician's Assistant was created in 1965 by Dr. Eugene Stead at Duke Medical Center. The first physician assistants graduated from Duke University on October 6, 1967. Since then, this job has grown to tens of thousands of people.

Have a great day!

MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in October 6, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Logics, our lovely neighbor across the street retrained as a physician's assistant a few years ago. It was a hard few years in training but he is so happy and loves his new career.

I am having coffee and oatmeal in my quiet kitchen. About to spring into action and head to work. The long weekend at home was great. I never get tired of being home!

Hope everyone has a peaceful and frugal day.
Mackie

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Happy Birthday to me. I just finished filling out the paperwork for my Chiropractor visit this morning,

I tried to give blood yesterday. But my veins stopped giving for some reason. Happened time before last. I wonder if I was not hydrated enough. But I had 2 snacks, a package of 2 Oreos and a small package of Cheetos. So guess what, My blood sugar is high this morning.

Yesterday I also cut out one of the printed panels for a stuffed Turkey. Mom must have bought 9 of them 25 or so years ago. She made three. I got one, and 2 of my Aunts got one. My Mom, who purges on a regular basis, hung on to these things. LOL. It should not be too bad. My least favorite part of sewing in cutting stuff out.

So have a great dat,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:30 am
Good Morning,

Happy Birthday to me. I just finished filling out the paperwork for my Chiropractor visit this morning,

I tried to give blood yesterday. But my veins stopped giving for some reason. Happened time before last. I wonder if I was not hydrated enough. But I had 2 snacks, a package of 2 Oreos and a small package of Cheetos. So guess what, My blood sugar is high this morning.

Yesterday I also cut out one of the printed panels for a stuffed Turkey. Mom must have bought 9 of them 25 or so years ago. She made three. I got one, and 2 of my Aunts got one. My Mom, who purges on a regular basis, hung on to these things. LOL. It should not be too bad. My least favorite part of sewing in cutting stuff out.

So have a great dat,
Maggie
Happy Birthday Maggie. May you have a wonderful day.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:30 am
Good Morning,

So have a great dat,
Maggie
Happy Birthday, Maggie!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile reading the newsfeed on my computer and enjoying a quiet cup of coffee. The weather this week looks pretty good so I know for sure I will get at least this week of walking outside, and being able to get the garden to bed (hopefully this week is the last of the dumping).

What was I thinking drawing a number to do a project this week? I have baking to do (the guys should have some sweets when they are home other than pie), and an almost done sweater. Since I probably won't even get at making the carboy cozies before the weekend I will be spending this week baking, seaming up the sweater, doing the rows on the temperature blanket, and I think I will pull out the cross stitch once again. Even if I only get a bit more done at least I am working on it once again. Pulling out a new knitting project as well once the sweater is finished, I need to have something to do with my hands in the evenings. Perhaps a new sweater for myself... I have some lovely green yarn.

Frugally speaking this will be another no spend day and I will continue on the use up the leftovers in the fridge freezer movement. Things could be considered getting out of hand in there.

I have a bit of mending to do as well and the remainder of the clothing that I hung downstairs to fold.

Walking will be my usual frugal exercise, though I have found a few exercise programs on Demand on my tv provider. They are a bit beyond my capabilities at this time. The Zumba moves way too fast for me and I just can't get the steps (hate looking foolish even if I am alone). I may try the yoga one today at some point.

I did not get the floors mopped yesterday as Hubby was working in the yard getting the lawns mowed and most of the fallen leaves in the back and down one side of the house raked up. He was hauling in dirt and dried leaves most of the day. Today the mopping gets completed and marked off my chore list.

The head leader of the Bible Study is being tested for Covid which concerns me. We were not in close proximity without masks, but still I have a concern, both for her, myself, Hubby and our sons. She will let us know the results as soon as possible after the test. Eldest is coming home for Thanksgiving and I don't want him carrying it back with him to his staff or students if it is a positive test. I just may be picking lots of items up this week in case we have to self isolate for 14 days.

Supper tonight is the leftover roast beef. I had though of making roast beef sandwiches, but now am leaning towards stroganoff. Served over buttered egg noodles with a nice big serving of peas.

Today I am grateful that all looks so peaceful outside.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.