Daily Check-in October 6, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in October 6, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:23 pm
What a day.

At CVS I had to wait for a manager to come to the front of the store to approve my $30 ECB. Took at least 15 minutes and I’m nervous just hanging around the store with the virus.

After leaving mom’s house I was driving home for Pippi’s appointment and the main road was blocked. They’ve been doing sewer repairs. I had to go back to near mom’s house and go the other way home and in the entrance of the condo next door. Then I had no power at home. It had been out since 11:45 and was then 1:30. Recording said a piece of equipment damaged something and power should be restored by 3.

Then to the vet where for the first time we had to wait in the car for 30 minutes. It is still hot so even with the a/c in my car I kept checking on Pippi. Vet had had an emergency. Finally when she was inside I used my phone to check the power company. It said 8 pm instead of 3 pm.

Driving home the traffic light was out and the woman kept telling me I couldn’t go on the main road in front of my house. Finally a guy said Yes.

Home and finally power came back on at 4 p.m. I think my refrigerator and freezer should be OK.
Florida cat sorry you had such a bad day. Hope things will go better for you tomorrow.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:30 am
Good Morning,

Happy Birthday to me. I just finished filling out the paperwork for my Chiropractor visit this morning,

I tried to give blood yesterday. But my veins stopped giving for some reason. Happened time before last. I wonder if I was not hydrated enough. But I had 2 snacks, a package of 2 Oreos and a small package of Cheetos. So guess what, My blood sugar is high this morning.

Yesterday I also cut out one of the printed panels for a stuffed Turkey. Mom must have bought 9 of them 25 or so years ago. She made three. I got one, and 2 of my Aunts got one. My Mom, who purges on a regular basis, hung on to these things. LOL. It should not be too bad. My least favorite part of sewing in cutting stuff out.

So have a great dat,
Maggie
Happy birthday Maggie.. I never realized it before but your birthday is the same as my brother..
Hope you had a great day.
Janet Alliesmama

snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Happy birthday Maggie

Ds had school today. He normally only goes two days a week, but this week its just today. He told us he ate pancakes lol so at least he is eating some of the cafeteria food. I got my oil changed and picked up a few groceries and some kitty litter. DH worked on school work. We then cleaned up the house some until time to pick up DS from school. We brought DS home and colored with chalk on the sidewalk for about an hour before coming inside to fix dinner. Dinner was tacos and chicken nuggets for Ds. Now just spending time and watching tv
alliesmama4 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:27 pm
Happy birthday Maggie.. I never realized it before but your birthday is the same as my brother..
Hope you had a great day.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:35 am
Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile reading the newsfeed on my computer and enjoying a quiet cup of coffee. The weather this week looks pretty good so I know for sure I will get at least this week of walking outside, and being able to get the garden to bed (hopefully this week is the last of the dumping).

What was I thinking drawing a number to do a project this week? I have baking to do (the guys should have some sweets when they are home other than pie), and an almost done sweater. Since I probably won't even get at making the carboy cozies before the weekend I will be spending this week baking, seaming up the sweater, doing the rows on the temperature blanket, and I think I will pull out the cross stitch once again. Even if I only get a bit more done at least I am working on it once again. Pulling out a new knitting project as well once the sweater is finished, I need to have something to do with my hands in the evenings. Perhaps a new sweater for myself... I have some lovely green yarn.

Frugally speaking this will be another no spend day and I will continue on the use up the leftovers in the fridge freezer movement. Things could be considered getting out of hand in there.

I have a bit of mending to do as well and the remainder of the clothing that I hung downstairs to fold.

Walking will be my usual frugal exercise, though I have found a few exercise programs on Demand on my tv provider. They are a bit beyond my capabilities at this time. The Zumba moves way too fast for me and I just can't get the steps (hate looking foolish even if I am alone). I may try the yoga one today at some point.

I did not get the floors mopped yesterday as Hubby was working in the yard getting the lawns mowed and most of the fallen leaves in the back and down one side of the house raked up. He was hauling in dirt and dried leaves most of the day. Today the mopping gets completed and marked off my chore list.

The head leader of the Bible Study is being tested for Covid which concerns me. We were not in close proximity without masks, but still I have a concern, both for her, myself, Hubby and our sons. She will let us know the results as soon as possible after the test. Eldest is coming home for Thanksgiving and I don't want him carrying it back with him to his staff or students if it is a positive test. I just may be picking lots of items up this week in case we have to self isolate for 14 days.

Supper tonight is the leftover roast beef. I had though of making roast beef sandwiches, but now am leaning towards stroganoff. Served over buttered egg noodles with a nice big serving of peas.

Today I am grateful that all looks so peaceful outside.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie hope everything works out with your possible covid exposure.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:38 pm
Not much done today.

It was just one of those hang out at the house days.

I didn't even go for a drive.

My dogs have been sleeping almost all day. How do they do it?

:roll:
I know what you mean about the dogs sleeping all day. Teddi is awake for short periods of times then sleeps until it is time to go out to potty and then back sleep. I envy him..lol.
Janet Alliesmama