Daily Check-in October 8, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in October 8, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

I will move back and forth across rooms working on things, but it all gets rounded up and finished in the end. It's not ADD so much as seeing connections between tasks for me.

Work today kicked my behind. I have no help -- graduate assistant went home sick -- and there are 30 kids in the dorm, one of whom I had to write up today for leaving the building. He is not Nobel Prize material because he blocked open a door with his keys, which I found and read the room code off his room key, and that told me exactly who had done it. So I took the keys and made him come to the office for a short talk about the danger of COVID-19 before I wrote him up. It was funny seeing the look on his face when he thought he'd slip back in and I was standing there holding up his keys up like a dead fish. I am old, but not stupid. :-D

We do not know if we will have paid work over the winter break, which starts Dec. 9 and goes until Jan. 14. A moneyless Christmas will be really crappy, so I hope there's an answer soon.

I did not get to finish eating my lunch until 2:30 today, so supper was toast and a cup of decaff coffee. Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.
Mackie

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:13 pm
I will move back and forth across rooms working on things, but it all gets rounded up and finished in the end. It's not ADD so much as seeing connections between tasks for me.

Work today kicked my behind. I have no help -- graduate assistant went home sick -- and there are 30 kids in the dorm, one of whom I had to write up today for leaving the building. He is not Nobel Prize material because he blocked open a door with his keys, which I found and read the room code off his room key, and that told me exactly who had done it. So I took the keys and made him come to the office for a short talk about the danger of COVID-19 before I wrote him up. It was funny seeing the look on his face when he thought he'd slip back in and I was standing there holding up his keys up like a dead fish. I am old, but not stupid. :-D

We do not know if we will have paid work over the winter break, which starts Dec. 9 and goes until Jan. 14. A moneyless Christmas will be really crappy, so I hope there's an answer soon.

I did not get to finish eating my lunch until 2:30 today, so supper was toast and a cup of decaff coffee. Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.
Glad you caught the escape artist and I hope is learning the importance of staying in the dorm. Bummer on maybe not having a winter break check.
Janet Alliesmama

snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Hi yall!

DH and I picked up DS this morning from DMIL. We then had lunch together before visiting DM. DS then completed his zoom class. Hes getting a bit better at doing the zoom sessions, he still struggles to pay attention but does engage with the teacher. We then returned home where DS took a nap and I began cleaning up around the house before going shopping. I picked up some groceries, two new pitchers, some dog toys, some stain removers. I came home and fixed dinner and am watching scooby doo movies with ds

Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

ownedbydogs wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:00 am
Today is my husband and my birthday. Decided that I have to move getting old up as I don’t feel 80. Dh is 81. Had a cake yesterday from daughter and son in law and great grandson. Nathan was given a dollar each to pick us a present at the dollar store. He picked me a snow globe. He decided Gramps needed medicine since he was sick, so he picked him a bottle of cough syrup. He needed it. Pretty good shopping for a 5 yr. old. Lol.
Happy Birthday to you and your honey! Sounds like some good presents!

MJ
"When they show you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening All,

Happy Birthday to Owned and her Hubby!

I was struggling today due to being up with an asthma attack last night. Woke up at 12:20. My medication did what it is supposed to do but I didn't get back to sleep until after 3:00 a.m. - then that 5:00 a.m. alarm went off - yikes!!

I worked late - till almost 6:00, came home and took each of the dogs on a walk and that is all I've accomplished this evening. My daughter is out walking her dog right now. My pups are snoring away next to me and we are all ready to call it a night. I'm hoping for a full night's sleep!

I have tomorrow off and my work is closed for Columbus day on Monday - so a 4 day weekend to get our "renovations" done - yayyyyy!!! Off to try to get some sleep. Take care friends.