Daily Check in Oct 9, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 9, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning everyone!

floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Oct 9, 2020

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It’s another hot, sunny day here.

Thinking back to yesterday at Publix, I feel I was too close to several employees. The store had very few customers, but when I went to get my soy milk, an employee was in the area and helped me find the milk. Then at the checkout, I talked beyond the plexiglass (which is small) as she was taking off the price stickers on a pot of mums I was buying for a neighbor. I had my mask on and they both had masks but still I feel I’ve become too lax in protecting myself so that is changing as of now. My county is getting ready to remove the mask requirement for indoor use (which has been in effect since March) so that will increase the danger.

So ... since I’ve decided not to go to the Home Depot garden shop today, I’ll try to save my overwatered penta by repotting it.

Yesterday I did paint the edge of the front step but the paint really was not good (watery with the pigment congealed). But still it looks much better. I am not a good painter and kept dripping on the sidewalk even with using blue tape but I got it all off and it’s fine. I also trimmed a lot of branches in the shady glen area of the back yard but there is still more to do. I did the bulk of it, however.

Pippi has her appointment this afternoon. She is not eating a lot of wet food but is eating more dry. She is very active and enjoys life and I know she is not ready to say goodby. She actually was hilarious when I was taking a shower yesterday afternoon. For a moment she got into the bathtub with me. She is so funny that she LOVES to lick the water off the bottom of the tub after my showers. Much better to slurp the water where mommy’s dirty feet have been than to drink out of any of her three bowls of nice, fresh water. Funny girl.

Have a good day.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Wow, we are a bunch of sleepyheads or early birds catching the worms this morning.

Yesterday I had a wonderful outing with my friend. We drove up to a small town north of here, found a brand new hiking trail that was built by an older gentleman who enjoyed telling us about. A good portion of ii was mulched. It was a mile out and a mile back. We did not quite get the the end as it was a bit of a walk to get there. K treated me to lunch at a lovely café. We sat on their patio. Then we visited a few shops along the main street.

I proceeded to have a relaxing, do-nothing evening. Although I did achieve 10,000 steps over the day.

In about an hour I have another appointment with my Chiropractor. I checked my health insurance and they will cover an MRI. I just need to figure out if the Chiro can order it.

Then I will go to Mom and Dad's. Dad's treatment on Wed went well. We may venture out to the local cemetery for a visit. The Wright Brother's are buried there, John H Patterson, probably Charles F. Kettering and other prominent Daytonians.

Have a great day,

Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Been up for awhile now slurping coffee and enjoying the quiet before the rush of the day.

Bible study went pretty good yesterday though there were a few people missing and one of the people kept me after the meeting to talk to me. This man was also one of the people that took classes from me years ago when I was doing RCIA and Adult Education classes for the church. He needed to talk and he said I was one of the few people he could share most of the story with.

Picked up Hubby's prescription after, went to Walmart to pick up a few other items as well. It does cut down my errands today, however I need to add Canadian Tire to my list for a certain type of light bulb and on small can of polyacrylic to use in some ornaments that I might actually get to do this month.

Groceries and household supplies/maintenance items are sure adding up already this month and we are only into the second week. Heaven help me as time passes and prices keep rising!!! It is a very good thing we have some wonderful investments. I keep looking for the puzzles in Walmart and to my amazement there are none for adults!! They used to always carry them. Now they only have a few for children. I might have to order some online, or check out the secondhand shops and hope they have all the pieces.

So looking forward to our sons being home for the next couple of days. I really do think that Christmas will not be happening as we know it. If the sons do get home for Christmas we will not be attending the larger gathering of family later on Christmas Day. Too many of us, and we can't social distance in anyone's basement very well.

Frugal happenings today will be readying some squash for the freezer, icing the birthday cake, making Hubby his carboy wine cozies, and if I have time baking some cookies. The youngest son should be home around 7 or so, eldest will probably be home around 10 or 11 tonight.

Supper this evening will be lazy perogies. I have enough egg noodles leftover that I believe I could use as the top layer of the dish. Got to use up those leftovers to make room for more.

Today I am grateful that even though our cases are rising, we are still below what our neighbours North Dakota, and Montana are suffering.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugal ones. I had a rare weekday second cup of coffee in the car on the way to work, as none of us were moving very fast this morning. I think the whole household wanted to call Friday off and go back to bed.

So right now my work coffee break is more of a sit down and enjoy the quiet time. I inventoried supplies first thing and sent an email up the food chain to order more. My legs will get run off today, so sitting down time is to be savored.

I am hoping the teenage miscreant on the third floor behaves himself today. It's my opinion as a seasoned old crone that he's too immature to be away at university and I predict flunking out at Christmas. We shall see.

Maggie, your girls' day out sounds wonderful! FloridaCat, my pups love to sneak in and lick the wet shower tiles. People flavored water is just the best! It great that Pippi is feeling so well. You are right to listen to your anxieties about social distancing. We are not spring chickens and have to be more careful.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day, and Patty is getting some relief from her pain as she heals.
Mackie

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:29 am
Good morning friends.

It’s another hot, sunny day here.

Thinking back to yesterday at Publix, I feel I was too close to several employees. The store had very few customers, but when I went to get my soy milk, an employee was in the area and helped me find the milk. Then at the checkout, I talked beyond the plexiglass (which is small) as she was taking off the price stickers on a pot of mums I was buying for a neighbor. I had my mask on and they both had masks but still I feel I’ve become too lax in protecting myself so that is changing as of now. My county is getting ready to remove the mask requirement for indoor use (which has been in effect since March) so that will increase the danger.

So ... since I’ve decided not to go to the Home Depot garden shop today, I’ll try to save my overwatered penta by repotting it.

Yesterday I did paint the edge of the front step but the paint really was not good (watery with the pigment congealed). But still it looks much better. I am not a good painter and kept dripping on the sidewalk even with using blue tape but I got it all off and it’s fine. I also trimmed a lot of branches in the shady glen area of the back yard but there is still more to do. I did the bulk of it, however.

Pippi has her appointment this afternoon. She is not eating a lot of wet food but is eating more dry. She is very active and enjoys life and I know she is not ready to say goodby. She actually was hilarious when I was taking a shower yesterday afternoon. For a moment she got into the bathtub with me. She is so funny that she LOVES to lick the water off the bottom of the tub after my showers. Much better to slurp the water where mommy’s dirty feet have been than to drink out of any of her three bowls of nice, fresh water. Funny girl.

Have a good day.
Florida Cat good to hear Pippi is doing well.
Janet Alliesmama