Daily Check in Oct 9, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
snowangel729

Re: Daily Check in Oct 9, 2020

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning yall!

We are up, DS and I are watching old episodes of looney toons. I've already switched laundry over. DH is making coffee and breakfast. Plans for today are as follows, DS has zoom class at 11, then probably hanging around the house. We plan on getting some sugar today. I've been working on stain removal for a couple shirts and they look good. I had gotten name brand shirts for a dollar at the thrift store and had gotten a stain on one of them. A little bit if shout and oxiclean got it out. Tonight I am going out for a girls night and DM is keeping DS.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Penny, I found out what went wrong with the designated day. Author had it listed as days varying year to year, but overlooked the change in date for this year. Thanks for alerting me. On these days that change every year, I will need to double check.

Got up a bit later today but know I needed the extra few hours of sleep as I haven't slept well at all this past week.

Laundry is half finished with clothes drying inside and in the dryer. Have just sweeping left to do today and replace sheets on the bed then chores for the day are over except for the meal time work. Promised my sister find out some information for her on selling on Ebay as she has the grandson today. Other than that the rest of the day will be reading, playing on Pogo, and working in those 2 periods of exercise. Already did a short walk back and forth 2x between the laundry room and up and down stairs to my apartment; one more trip to go LOL.

I also want to review my meal plan as I do need to pick up a few things at the store and might run out early tomorrow so that I don't run out.

Today's designated day is "Fire Prevention Day". The first one was sponsored by the Fire Marshall's Association of North America almost 40 years after the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. Although the cause of the fire still remains unknown, legend blames poor Mrs. O'Leary and her cow for its start when on October 8th, 1871 while she was out milking her cow, the cow kicked over the lamp that started the fire. The fire burned for over 27 hours and when it was over, more than 300 people were killed, 100,000 people were left homeless, and over 17,000 structures were destroyed.

In 1920, President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed Fire Prevention Week. The Saturday during Fire Prevention Week is Fire Service Recognition Day.

Have a nice day.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept well. I wanted to stay in bed longer, but the fur brats had other ideas. So took them outside

I am having my coffee. Am dressed and ready for the day. I think

We shall see what transpires today.

Will do Friday lunch

It is dreary here today. No sun. Clouds from the impending hurricane in the gulf. Hope it doesn't cause damage.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I have been up but got sidetracked right off the get go :roll: ....for some reason I felt the need to sweep and clean the entry way even while drinking my second cup of coffee.
I think it was because I got woke up with a political robo call before 8 AM!!!
If my tele rings before 8 in the morning my mind instantly goes to "what does my family need". I guess it is just a mom response. :?

Going to make some potato salad today as we are going to do a cookout in the woods tomorrow evening, trying to take advantage of all of the good days we have left.
Everyone in my family is dreading the cold chasing us inside.

FloridaCat, I truly understand your anxiety, our state numbers are climbing also. County numbers are static but I am watching closely.
I am quietly prepping for the time they end up closing the youngest grands school again...no one has any idea if she will be able to go back to the pod/bubble school situation or if they will cancel that also.
If they do, I will probably end up trying to school her.
Not going to lie, I really don't want to, I don't want her to think of me as anything but "fun granny" not mean ole teacher LOL.

Dog rugs in the washer, destined for the lines outside.
Have stuff to do, making a list so I do things in order, trying to stay on task... we shall see..... :oops:

JCKitty

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Spoke too soon,
The local paper just reported an outbreak of 65 people having Covid-19 in a local nursing home/assisted living facility.

Same facility that my aunts and mom spent time in.
This is awful.
JCKitty

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I made oatmeal blueberry muffins this morning, I put 10 in the freezer.

My groceries are away or in time out, I put the drumsticks into the oven for my lunch.

They didn’t have 2 items on my list but for the carrots I was able to just get 2 packages of the smaller size. I ordered meat to make a traditional pot roast. I will also be making some vegetable beef soup.

Penny