One Good Thing Each Day

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

One Good Thing Each Day

Post by ohjodi »

Let's think of one good thing, each day, that has happened to you, and post it here. It can be something you read, something you ate, a phone call, a song, a special thought or memory that popped into your head and made you happy, a good night's sleep, a bird on the window, anything. I thought of this the other day when I made a tuna sandwich the way I always do (but I rarely have them), but for some reason it was especially delicious. I savored every bite.

My One Good Thing, today, is the US Post Office catalog I received in the mail. (You can request one for free...I think I get them because I order stamps online).

The entire cover is of the new stamp, a watercolor painting of the Mayflower. IT IS STUNNING. I've taken up watercolor painting, so looking at the details is especially exciting to me. I'm going to put it in a frame! I'm tickled pink!

Here is the link! https://store.usps.com/store/product/stamp-collectors/usa-philatelic-P_012007

Your turn!
ohjodi
clemencia2us

Re: One Good Thing Each Day

Post by clemencia2us »

oh oh oh - the yummy FREE chips and salsa we get when we have lunch our the small local cafe

I could just eat that, but i'll order something else just because - lol

They are so good. They fry them up right before they serve them, so they are hot and crispy. Salsa is homemade and yummy. Not too spicy.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Do this everyday in my check in. Even if it is just that I am enjoying my first cup of coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I like this idea.

As many blessings as I have in my life, I struggle with positivity.

My good thing today is a small, fabric pumpkin I have on my coffee table in front of me. I bought it last year in a tiny gift shop in the town next to my home town. I likely wouldn’t have stopped at the store, but my cousin’s wife who loves gift shops suggested it. It was such a great store with decor that matches my taste all packed in a teeny, tiny renovated house.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ohjodi, thank you - I needed this. After a good night's sleep, Hope woke me at 6:22 to go outside. I got to see the beautiful moon and stars in the clear sky and then watch the night turn into day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Ahhh we're off to a good start! Fresh chips and salsa, the first cup of coffee, a lovely pumpkin from a nice gift shop, the moon and stars....

We can see Mars in the eastern sky, now. I saw it about 8pm last night.
ohjodi