Daily Check-in October 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check-in October 23, 2020

Post by rinty »

subtitles for Red Dwarf ? :lol:

All I have to say to that is " Smeg "

I like the idea of Halloween bark, its something I'v never heard of and something DS and I could " cook " . Nice idea . The loss of day service Halloween parties are biting, he loves a party ! I do feel rotten for the trick or treaters who can't do it this year. We've given all the grands large bags of sweets ( judge me if you will ;) )

VERY glad school has broken up today. I am knackered. We've spent time on Grunt Work today which is a much fun as it sounds. We all got in an hour or more before we get paid and Got On With It. ( mind you we've still be given a 3 hour course to do in the holiday, thanks for that ) It can't be broken into blocks so if DS breaks into my time I shall be MORE than happy to send a " I'm Not A Miracle Worker " email ;)

This weeks food shop was good, it was with a list so it was fairly random. We did find good Yellwo Stickers. I am more than aware of leaving stuff for the " other guy " in Covid times but of they don't want it, I'm not seeing it get chucked out. So 4 loaves of bread, each different, each @10p and a Bagged Bistro salad @ 5p.Its not like the Yellow Stickers are hidden away. We are eating a lot of soups so we'll use the bread and nice to have different types.

Meals are hearty but not over large.

Liver and bacon in rich dark gravy ( soooooo good )
Parsnip and Apple soup
Chicken bake in Orzo
Omelettes and salad
Slow cooked pork ( with the crackiling cooked separately ) with Yorkshire puddings and an assortment of allotment veg.

Actually I also made a carrot and chilli soup one night when the others just wanted On toast and I wanted something I'd put some effort into.

I was kind to myself and didn't even think of a To Do list as I knew so much had to be done at work. I'll write one tomorrow once my head is in a good place. I always keep up with laundry ( benefots of having 5 kids ......never let it build up !) But I haven't ironed all week. I know others would fling it into drawers and wardrobes.........and that's a lifestyle choice, the very thought has me twitchin' ;)

WE got away last weekend to the beach and it was WONDERFUL . Perranporth beach in Cornwall which is HUGE and weather was kind. We were outside all weekend so we now have snotty colds but worth it. WE slept on a floor and I'm not sorry ;) we stayed within the Rule of 6 that way. Ate Cornish pasties all weekend, again, NOT SORRY , They were bakery not supermket ones.

This week I would like to go to see the Mary Rose again in Portsmouth but LIKE is the word. More likely deep cleaning /ZIFFITing books/attacking the garden /nagging DH to book a tip run. I intended some crafting and have some Halloween crafts for DS making a suncatcher but THANK YOU MAGGIE, I'll see about making Halloween bark.

I am right in thinking 3 types melted choc swirled together ( dark/white /milk ) then lots of green orange and purple smarties and some jelly beans ???? I have all that so I'm going with it x

I wish you all the best , hope to check in next week shouting " result !!!" having accomplished things before going back to work.

Beverley

Post by Beverley »

All I have to say to that is " Smeg "[/i

LOL! Rinty! If my sinuses weren't so plugged up the dialogue would be easier for me to hear and understand without the subtitles. But allergies reign so i do what I have to do. I learned the other night a friend of mine actually named her 12 year old son 'Kryten" which I thought was interesting. Actually it might have been her ex who named him that. Anyway it was a name I had not heard before. But I am finding Red Dwarf to be very entertaining with lots of laughs. I hope it will stay on Prime long enough for me to watch the entire series.

Another series I a working on is "X Files" which I started watching remotely with a friend of mine. However she has slacked off as of late so I am watching it solo. Now that fall is here I can snuggle under a blanket on those crisp cold evenings and view to my heart's content.

Bev

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

rinty wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:36 pm

All I have to say to that is " Smeg "

I like the idea of Halloween bark, its something I'v never heard of and something DS and I could " cook " . Nice idea . The loss of day service Halloween parties are biting, he loves a party ! I do feel rotten for the trick or treaters who can't do it this year. We've given all the grands large bags of sweets ( judge me if you will ;) )

VERY glad school has broken up today. I am knackered. We've spent time on Grunt Work today which is a much fun as it sounds. We all got in an hour or more before we get paid and Got On With It. ( mind you we've still be given a 3 hour course to do in the holiday, thanks for that ) It can't be broken into blocks so if DS breaks into my time I shall be MORE than happy to send a " I'm Not A Miracle Worker " email ;)

This weeks food shop was good, it was with a list so it was fairly random. We did find good Yellwo Stickers. I am more than aware of leaving stuff for the " other guy " in Covid times but of they don't want it, I'm not seeing it get chucked out. So 4 loaves of bread, each different, each @10p and a Bagged Bistro salad @ 5p.Its not like the Yellow Stickers are hidden away. We are eating a lot of soups so we'll use the bread and nice to have different types.

Meals are hearty but not over large.

Liver and bacon in rich dark gravy ( soooooo good )
Parsnip and Apple soup
Chicken bake in Orzo
Omelettes and salad
Slow cooked pork ( with the crackiling cooked separately ) with Yorkshire puddings and an assortment of allotment veg.

Actually I also made a carrot and chilli soup one night when the others just wanted On toast and I wanted something I'd put some effort into.

I was kind to myself and didn't even think of a To Do list as I knew so much had to be done at work. I'll write one tomorrow once my head is in a good place. I always keep up with laundry ( benefots of having 5 kids ......never let it build up !) But I haven't ironed all week. I know others would fling it into drawers and wardrobes.........and that's a lifestyle choice, the very thought has me twitchin' ;)

WE got away last weekend to the beach and it was WONDERFUL . Perranporth beach in Cornwall which is HUGE and weather was kind. We were outside all weekend so we now have snotty colds but worth it. WE slept on a floor and I'm not sorry ;) we stayed within the Rule of 6 that way. Ate Cornish pasties all weekend, again, NOT SORRY , They were bakery not supermket ones.

This week I would like to go to see the Mary Rose again in Portsmouth but LIKE is the word. More likely deep cleaning /ZIFFITing books/attacking the garden /nagging DH to book a tip run. I intended some crafting and have some Halloween crafts for DS making a suncatcher but THANK YOU MAGGIE, I'll see about making Halloween bark.

I am right in thinking 3 types melted choc swirled together ( dark/white /milk ) then lots of green orange and purple smarties and some jelly beans ???? I have all that so I'm going with it x

I wish you all the best , hope to check in next week shouting " result !!!" having accomplished things before going back to work.
The fun of bark is that you can make it however you want to. I will make 4 separate ones, one for each child. I have almond bark (White) and will pick up Chocolate chips at Aldi's Line a sheet pan with parchment and spread some of both melted confections into a puddle. Then let each kid decorate as desired. I have gummy Frogs, Gummy rattle snakes, Swedish fish, candy corn, candy eyeballs and Halloween sprinkles. Once it hardens, break each puddle into pieces and put in a Halloween sticker-decorated sandwich bag for each. Happy to have inspired you.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Cloudy all day today and there’s still a dusting of snow on the ground. Hovering around freezing point. I still went for a long walk after lunch and am now enjoying a hot drink and apple slices. I

Dh is putting some burlap around our cedar trees right now to protect them against the deer. Our neighbour feeds them (against our city by-law!) but they prefer coming into our yard to munch on something more natural. They really decimated our cedars a couple of years ago, not to mention leaving a large garbage bag of droppings we had to shovel up. It looked like Santa’s whole herd had been in there.

Dh and I got some facial tissues on sale and managed to find some spray disinfectant. This is very handy for various things such as parcels. After almost two weeks without any active cases we now have 5! Dang! It just won’t go away.

Yesterday we pulled out the fridge to clean out the compressor and coils. I also gave myself a full colour, not just a touch up. I used the L’Oreal Excellence cream, which has a lovely comb dispenser. It was so much easier to administer in comparison to Clairol Nice n Easy. Not nearly as messy and much easier to cover the roots completely without getting dye all over your skin. Of course it costs more but I found it well worth it.

Well off to do a bit of reading before I have to start dinner prepping.

Creative

Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Good afternoon!

I've been MIA. I've been so tired I mostly get up, read all the news, watch some TV, make food and go back to bed.

Yesterday, I actually was productive. I got two loads of laundry done and put them out to air dry. I also made a lovely pot of Navy Bean and Ham Soup. It was so good! I had some for lunch but will probably have eggs and hash browns for supper tonight. I need to do some dishwashing to get to that point though.

I did watch the debate last night and wanted to stay up to watch the comedy between Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo but just couldn't make it. I went to bed around 10:30 pm.

I have to finish unloading the dishwasher and reload it. I also want to do a mass counter clean and drag out the bleach to bleach out the stains.

I am getting my car back this weekend and then take it back to my friend, who is paying the car insurance so they can use it all week, back to them on Sunday night. I'll have to figure out what kind of running around I'll need to get in this weekend. I know I need to go to the post office and I'll stop in to Shopppers Drug Mart to see if they have pop on sale. I don't drink it a lot but lately? I've decided I need some!

Not much else happening around here.

Have a great start to the weekend!

MJ
"When they show you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hi everyone. Whew...I am finally feeling better after the two dental implants. Last day of antibiotics and first day of no painkillers.
My DDIL is the best...made me soup. I am so lucky to have my kids on the property next to us.
Patty..hope your Dr. appt. went well.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.