Daily Check-in October 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in October 23, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning.

It looks like we're in for a cloudy day all day, but it will be mild, mid-60s.

Have to run out to the grocery store this morning; in fact 2 grocery stores in order to get the best prices from both, but at least they're only about a mile away from each other. I will be getting back a bit later than I would if I only had to go to the one closest to me as the other one doesn't open until 7:00 while the other at 6:00A.

I redid my prescription price analysis and have determined that depending on which of the 2 medications I MIGHT be prescribed, I could have either a $0 annual copay up to about $87 for the year, not bad considering I will be saving $120 on my prescription plan.

Well I read that we will be getting a small COLA this year, 1.3% but something is always better than nothing considering that they say we've lost 30% buying power since year 2000.

I will be going to the early voting poll to drop off my absentee ballot on Sunday and if it looks too crowded, will go back on Monday when more people are at work. They will have someone pulling us out of the line if we're dropping off only. It's the first time NY has offered early voting. It would be nice if they could adopt it permanently.

Dinner tonight will be my Friday spaghetti night.

I had a choice of picking "National Mole Day" (not the animal if that's what you're thinking, rather a chemistry measurement) or TV Show Host Day so I decided upon the latter.

Today's honor goes to TV Talk Show Host Day celebrating all TV Talk Show hosts.

It is celebrated on the birth date of legendary night time talk show host Johnny Carson. Carson was considered the "King of late night television". He hosted The Tonight Show from 1962 to 1992. His reign lasted a record 29 years, 7 months, 21 days. There were 1,859 episodes.

While this day is celebrated on Johnny Carson's birth date, it is intended to show appreciation to all Television talk show hosts, daytime and nighttime.

Have a wonderful day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in October 23, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:44 am Good morning.

It looks like we're in for a cloudy day all day, but it will be mild, mid-60s.

Have to run out to the grocery store this morning; in fact 2 grocery stores in order to get the best prices from both, but at least they're only about a mile away from each other. I will be getting back a bit later than I would if I only had to go to the one closest to me as the other one doesn't open until 7:00 while the other at 6:00A.

I redid my prescription price analysis and have determined that depending on which of the 2 medications I MIGHT be prescribed, I could have either a $0 annual copay up to about $87 for the year, not bad considering I will be saving $120 on my prescription plan.

Well I read that we will be getting a small COLA this year, 1.3% but something is always better than nothing considering that they say we've lost 30% buying power since year 2000.

I will be going to the early voting poll to drop off my absentee ballot on Sunday and if it looks too crowded, will go back on Monday when more people are at work. They will have someone pulling us out of the line if we're dropping off only. It's the first time NY has offered early voting. It would be nice if they could adopt it permanently.

Dinner tonight will be my Friday spaghetti night.

I had a choice of picking "National Mole Day" (not the animal if that's what you're thinking, rather a chemistry measurement) or TV Show Host Day so I decided upon the latter.

Today's honor goes to TV Talk Show Host Day celebrating all TV Talk Show hosts.

It is celebrated on the birth date of legendary night time talk show host Johnny Carson. Carson was considered the "King of late night television". He hosted The Tonight Show from 1962 to 1992. His reign lasted a record 29 years, 7 months, 21 days. There were 1,859 episodes.

While this day is celebrated on Johnny Carson's birth date, it is intended to show appreciation to all Television talk show hosts, daytime and nighttime.

Have a wonderful day.
Perhaps today you could have gone with an international day. Today is the international day of the snow leopard.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Wrapped in a shawl, sitting in front of my computer, drinking my first cup of java. It is pretty chilly outside at -14 C or about 5 F. When I see those temps side by side I almost wish we were back to using the old Fahrenheit temperatures and then I remember once it reaches -40 C things change a bit.

I slept so so last night, which was strange as I was fairly active throughout the day even out in the fresh air. I think it could be due to the arm pain and hand pain I have been having for the last few months. I think I just may have to take a Tylenol before bed along with my cholesterol tablet. Just until things stop hurting quite so much.

I wrote one letter last night and will be writing a second one at some point today. Really in re-reading it, life is actually pretty boring right now. Covid has kind of put a strangle hold over all of us. Then learning later in the evening that another 2 cases were walking around the city and if you were in certain establishments at certain times you are to self isolate makes me wonder how many others are out walking around spreading the infection either knowingly or unknowingly.... It is at these times I just want to crawl back in my house and stay there, hidden in a tiny corner of the basement.

My sister and I are going halves on a gift for our youngest brother. His stereo broke and our other brother (the one he lives with) won't get him another. I guess he gave J an old walkman to use. I couldn't find anything at WalMart, so will probably be ordering something off of Amazon. I will check with the neighbours daughter to see if they (she works for one of the delivery companies here in the city) will deliver to a post office or if they need a street address. Or I guess I will need to pay a fortune and have it sent via Canada Post.

Frugally speaking I will be staying home today, I might take a drive with Hubby in the afternoon to take back the printer ink I bought....got the wrong kind. Hopefully I will be able to exchange them. We can't print anything until the ink is changed. Making meals from scratch, working on the to do list, and of course working on a project or two. I am slowly using up yarn on the temperature blanket, but of course there will be enough left over to make a third blanket for next year. More coverings to snuggle under during the winter is perfect.

Supper tonight is going to be Tuna Casserole and more of the leftover salad.

Today I am grateful that another Bible Study is finished and I learn a bit more each time I attend.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

It is bright and sunny outside! Temps are mild, more like a damp Spring day.
I have my SUV/truck back! The fiancé brought it back last evening...I haven't driven it yet but he did say it drives so much smoother...new shocks and sway bars/bushings. :D

I really need to take stuff to the recycle depot, I have a lot!!!
I also need to go work in my camper, soft goods are going into totes for storage and I want to install extra mouse cookies in the cargo bays.

I have my last instacart order due for delivery this late morning.
I will be doing floors today and dusting of heat vents, really need to clean some overhead light fixtures...how do bugs get in them? Since I very seldom turn overhead lights on, as I prefer table lamps I don't see the need for cleaning until they are turned on and then yep....little dead bug bodies :roll:

Sometime this weekend I need to make a trip to the farm store for animal feed.
Off to get started...feeling " slow to go" this morning.

JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I again did not sleep well last night.

In a few minutes I’ll leave to meet with the legal assistant (outdoors). I have all the paperwork for the lawyer. I’m making quite a few changes to my Will.

Then to Publix. I have been out of soy milk for several days and missed some sales but still have quite a lot to buy.

Later this afternoon I’ll ho to mom’s house to put the computer desk and hutch out for the big pickup. It is just particleboard but it still breaks my heart to see it go into the landfill. I HOPE someone will take it before the trash pickup. Salvation Army and Habitat wouldn’t take it and awhile ago I put it on the driveway with a free sign. Someone would have to have a truck. I never did Facebook Marketplace, but ... I have to get it out of the garage.

Pippi has a late appointment at 5 p.m. I’m glad it is not our regular 2:30.

My friend wants to walk again next week but I’m feeling that she meets with too many people. Our former co-workers who now live in Atlanta (never close friends of mine) are in town this weekend and my friend will meet them. I don’t think they are careful. Their son who lives here recently got the virus and they brushed it off. Our cases are rising.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept much better last night, I woke up a little after 6 am feeling refreshed.

I have washed my hair, gathered and put out the trash. I have the bed partially made with clean sheets, the sheets are in the dryer, my quilt is in the washer.

I still need to pour white vinegar into 2 quart bottles. After the bed is made I have nothing planned.

Penny