Wednesday. Oct 28

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Wednesday. Oct 28

Post by frugalmom »

Owned, (((HUGS to YOU))), oh my goodness I have been away for awhile, I am sorry to hear your dh is in hospice. I will pray for you both and that he is kept comfortable and in peace. I am so sorry you are going through this and that your dh is too. My heart is breaking for you, my friend-may God gives you both the strength and love. I wish I could be there to help you.

Maggie, I will pray for you too that you and your son are kept safe from Covid.

Getting cold in the mornings here-broke out my winter clothes. Although, by afternoon it gets hot again. I made tortilla soup today to use up the avocado. My daughter always wants a lot of avocadoes but they go bad so easily that I end up having to use them up (she likes to buy things but I end up using them so they don't spoil-grrrr). She is always on TikTok learning new things to do or make and gets these things, which for me I end up stuck with it or have to use it up bc she did not use it! Very frustrating! I like it simple and minimalist and here she is making a fancy coffee or drink cart which I don't drink coffee or alcohol! It does not look good in my living and dining room-sigh. For me it is a waste of money and cluttered. Maybe I am just getting old and grouchy-lol!

Yesterday, I had one lasagna slice left so I made lasagna soup which turned out good. Sprinkled parmesan cheese over it-yum! It fed the whole family! Today I was not paying attention, and instead of 1/3 cup of milk I added 1/3 cup of oil! So I was thinking OMG what should I do-lol-so I just put it in the oven and it was very moist and the cornbread was a bit crispy at the edges and on top so it turned out good! lUCKILY! My dh is just telling me the cornbread is good and how it should be-lol-he asks why and I answered bc I goofed up!
Voted early-I am so glad I do not have to wait in long lines like other people in other states as I see on the news! Some are waiting like 4-10 hours long-that is just wrong! I am glad those people are dedicated enough to do so! Hope everyone has a great day!
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:17 pm In many recipes that call for pork you can simply substitute chicken. I do that a lot.

Penny
Thank you Penny,yes I do that or beef even. But was wondering because I think it is ribs and beef is a big rib! Shredded chicken may work.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Frugalmom, I would not do beef and apples together. You could do something like beef with prunes or plums with orange juice, though. Or kumquats, if you have them. He mixed apple juice, A-1 Sauce, garlic, salt and pepper together with the sliced apples and cooked it on very low heat for several hours. Onions would be good, too.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I finished what I could on the Christmas decorations an I even finished of the strangely shaped flannelette squares quilt top.

I think I will try my hand at another listed project and see if I can get it accomplished as well by the end of this month. I have only 2 items left make cards and sew 2 pairs of oven mitts. Thinking that making some Christmas cards will be the easiest to get finished in the days I have left.

I will be taking a walk in a little bit and will pick up the mail on the way back home.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

I started my new job this week. My pay got cut in half of what I used to make but I'm doing pretty well otherwise. So far I've only had one spend day this week. I planned out all of our meals to try to save money. Dh has been working on his school work and helping around the house. Ds had online school today but struggled to get zoom to log on today.

Owned praying for you
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Did get some laundry done

It is much warmer now. It was warmer outside than in here.

So I took the pack outside and my basket of warm from the dryer laundry and folded it out there. It was so nice. The sun was shining. Very little humidity. The pack was running around like nuts. They love the cooler weather.

I picked more pecans. Going to have to sit out there and start peeling.