Daily Check-in November 4, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
snowangel729

Daily Check-in November 4, 2020

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning Yall!

I went to bed kinda late for me but was unable to get much rest, so I am up drinking coffee and nibbling on a bite of toast. I am a little worried about elections still, but will be watching throughout the day until a decision is made.

I have work from 10 to 1 today, and then I will be free to work on some of my projects at home. Since starting the new job, I have had alot more free time so I have been working on organizing and decluttering the house. So far so good. Today the insurance adjuster will be by when I am at work to look at our ceiling that had started to leak when we had all that bad weather. I also need to work on my 15 page paper for my research class, I have been going over it multiple times to make sure I am pulling enough information for my paper. In our program if we make a b- we have to retake the course completely so I try to make sure my grades stay high enough so as to not have to pay for the same class. Hoping to have another page or so to add to it.

Today should be frugal, I plan to cook at home and take a snack for work today. I usually eat at my desk. I am already having breakfast so I will not eat out for that meal. For dinner, I was thinking something simple like fish fillet and mac n cheese. It take like no time to cook and DH doesn't mind it.

DH should just have classwork, getting DS's classwork completed, and the insurance adjuster. DS will be home all day since he has zoom classes.

Hoping Everyone Has a Good Day!

snowangel
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in November 4, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I was up late due to a ticket at work. Love those 10PM calls. But better than 2 PM. And we think it is not an infected machine, but that someone may have inserted a portable storage device into their machine and the Anti-Virus scanner found an old tool that can be used for hacking.

So yesterday I turned on the local Christian radio station that is playing Christmas music and heard many times not to worry because God is in control. We need to remember that.

Have a great day,
Maggie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Today is our 59 th wedding anniversary! Going to make Ralph a cheeses cake which he really likes in hopes he will eat a bite. Not eating much these days. Nurse will be here this morning for her usual visit. Everyone have a joyful day!
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Happy Wedding Anniversary Owned! Hoping he does eat some for you.

Maggie, I think we all need a little pick me up after the 2020 that we have all had. I thought about decorating early this year just for a little more spirit.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:18 am Today is our 59 th wedding anniversary! Going to make Ralph a cheeses cake which he really likes in hopes he will eat a bite. Not eating much these days. Nurse will be here this morning for her usual visit. Everyone have a joyful day!
Happy Anniversary. God bless you both.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up early which is a change really. Over the last few days I have slept in and then the night I toss and turn is the morning I wake up early. Sheesh, my body will probably faulter by this afternoon and nothing will get done.
in
I cut out the 2 pairs of oven mitts last night (interesting Mackie that they are called pot lifters in the south) and will start to sew them up today. I am hopeful of getting them completed by the weekend and perhaps being able to draw another number even before Sunday.

My Cricut order came a couple of days ago. There was a warning that it could take up to 2 weeks for an order to come through, so to have it arrive in 4 days was awesome. I should be able to finish those ornaments I started very soon. Just have to thing of something festive to cut out of the vinyl to put on them. What ever I choose will be simple as this is my first time using that medium. If, and it is a big if, the decorations turn out properly I just may make a set for each of the DS's providing there is time.

Today is grocery list making, paper and personal hygiene list making as well as a project supply list. I don't need much for project supplies, just some really good glue, thread, and perhaps some batting. This will be the expensive visit this month and hopefully costs will go down every week after.

I want to do a bit more cleaning as well. I think today I will clean the ceiling fans, and the pictures hanging on the walls. Who knows, if I become frustrated with the sewing I may just be doing even more extra cleaning.

The weather pundits are predicting quite a snowfall for us this coming weekend. Some places will be receiving up to a foot or more of the white stuff. We are not supposed to get as much, but as you all know, weather reports don't always seem to be correct. I just hope that the mix of rain and snow that is supposed to come on Friday night does not happen.

We talked to youngest DS last night and everything is going well there. Except of course his recliner broke.... I do hope he buys a decent one and gets the guys to rid his home of the old one. This recliner is probably 25 years old as he bought it second hand from a friends grandmother when she was downsizing to move into a retirement home. Time for a new one for sure. He is still going to physio, and when this set of appointments ends he will be meeting once again with the Workmen's Compensation Board doctors to see what will be happening next...

Frugal pastimes will be as usual. I am trying to figure out a way to use a bit less water during the day, but the hand washing and disinfecting that needs doing right now is putting a slight kink in my thinking.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover ham from the freezer. Going to make ham and potato casserole. Then serve the leftover salad with it.

Today I am grateful that I have plenty to do. Keeps my mind off problems for the most part, and well occupied.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/