Daily Check In November 18, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In November 18, 2020

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

It’s a little milder here as well so I plan to go for my long walk this afternoon. Cloudy and overcast though- I really crave some sunshine.

I made a pot of fresh steel cut oats this morning and we have enough leftover for breakfast tomorrow as well. I cut up the mangoes (challenging to find nice ones here but pretty pleased with these ones- half price at Safeway) and washed up some red grapes.

Shortly I will catch up on the news while knitting and then I plan to go through some community recipe books for some tried and true recipe inspiration.

Today is garbage day so all the inside garbage bins were emptied and it’s ready for collection.

I think I may reorganize my tea and baking supply cupboards today. But honestly the house is in pretty good shape and sometimes I am looking for projects.

Dinner tonight will be chicken cacciatore for Dh and Dd2 and black bean quesadillas for me. Sautéed broccoli and cauliflower and perhaps roasted mushrooms as sides. I checked out the hatefoodwaste.ca website for inspiration on how to use up certain items and it includes some recipes.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Creative

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

For bigcheryl and anyone else interested

Cheryl asked that I post some more of my pictures so I am posting 3 of my latest. As the option to upload pictures in the forum doesn't appear to exist any more, I have uploaded the images to my own website. There is a separate link for each of the 3 pictures.

I don't know if the link will be clickable in and of itself, but if it isn't, just select the link and right click on the link and then Open in new window. To get back to Forum, just click on the "X" in the top right hand corner. This is for those using a PC type computer. If using a Mac, it may be slightly different.

https://logicmgmt.com/bettylogic/Gifts small.gif

https://logicmgmt.com/bettylogic/Picture Floral Wreath smaller.gif

https://logicmgmt.com/bettylogic/Poinsettias smal2l.gif
Last edited by LogicsHere on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

It's been almost two months since I was last on here, 9/24/20 I think.

I left for awhile because I couldn't stand the political stuff, and also because things were moving along, somewhat rapidly, in my own life.

I’m currently about 2-1/2 days (2 nights) out from surgery on my right kidney, and I think I’ll be released later today. First though, is breakfast, then walking around a bit more. My right side, especially right-side ribs, does not hurt as bad now as it did right after surgery.

Edited to add: today is 7 years since I had my foot surgery, though I was in a different hospital for that one.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

LogicsHere wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 am
For bigcheryl and anyone else interested

Cheryl asked that I post some more of my pictures so I am posting 3 of my latest. As the option to upload pictures in the forum doesn't appear to exist any more, I have uploaded the images to my own website. There is a separate link for each of the 3 pictures.

I don't know if the link will be clickable in and of itself, but if it isn't, just select the link and right click on the link and then Open in new window. To get back to Forum, just click on the "X" in the top right hand corner. This is for those using a PC type computer. If using a Mac, it may be slightly different.

https://logicmgmt.com/bettylogic/Gifts small.gif

https://logicmgmt.com/bettylogic/Picture Floral Wreath smaller.gif

https://logicmgmt.com/bettylogic/Poinsettias smal2l.gif
Your links opened a blank page for me.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I fell while making my breakfast, it took me a few minutes before I was able to sit up. I was shaky so I took it slowly I sat for a few minutes before I tried to stand up.

I have friction burns on my knee and near but not on my elbow. I am stiff and sore but not really hurting. I have an ice pack on my knee because of the swelling

I am not going to bake the cookies I had planned to bake this morning.

I texted my daughter so she knows. Meals today will be very easy to fix. I have a lot of heat and eat meals. There is meatloaf, chicken, peanut butter, I have tuna.

Penny

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

LogicsHere wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:40 am
In a conversation my sister and I had about how our Mother always had walnuts (unshelled) and grapes in the house for Thanksgiving, I thought I might pick up some walnuts.
My Dad always had walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazilnuts and almonds in the shell in the house in November/December. I like all of them but LOVE walnuts right out of the shell.

DH and I went to 3 stores last week and... no in-shell nuts. They had already-shelled pre-packaged "bulk" (2lb box) walnuts in the produce section at one store, but the others only had the "who knows how old these nuts are" Fischer bagged nuts in the bakery aisles. So, since we need nuts for a cookie recipe (walnuts, whole cranberries, molasses, oatmeal - yum! But the kids think they're strange and I'm diabetic so I eat 1 and the rest DH (who has low blood sugar, life is not fair, LOL) eats the rest over 4-5 days in the a.m. and calls them "breakfast") we brought home already-shelled walnuts.

I think this MAY be a covid thing - they don't want to put a scoop in a bin of nuts and let people bag their own because everyone would use the common scoop :? . That better be what it is, or next year I'll be scouring other cities all for the want of cracking my own walnuts open :lol:

You can get fresh pecans here from people with pecan trees and/or pecan farms, but the state isn't big on walnut trees, and I'm not a pecan fan.