Daily Check In November 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 23, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get some coffee so just starting us all off. Back soon.

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 23, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It will be a regular, everyday Monday here on the old homestead. I will be trying to be as frugal as possible, sticking close to home and not spending any cash. ;)
Really just an ordinary everyday kind of day.

I will be starting laundry shortly, and hopefully getting a few more items on the lines downstairs, emptying the dishwasher (which I only use every second to third day), dusting with my usual reusable cloth, vacuuming with my bagless pet vacuum, and using washable rags collected over the years to clean what needs to be cleaned. I will be walking for exercise, checking baking supplies (did not get that accomplished yesterday) and working on a new project.

The quilt tops will be put away and I drew a new number for a project. This time it is sewing. I need a new nightie and that is what I chose number wise to do this week. However the pattern I use is super simple and once cut out only takes an hour or less to sew up. I hope to be doing another easily done project by late tomorrow (sugar scrubs perhaps). I could be back doing the quilt tops by the end of the week as the nightie, sugar scrubs and a cover for my ereader are the only items left to do on my project list. This staying close to home, drawing numbers, and not spending an overly amount of time on any one project seems to be enabling me to get things done.

I am slowly clearing up the fridge freezer. I think I have a great idea for organizing the two baskets and the shelf, but I need to get as much used up as is possible. More will be disappearing this week and hopefully by the end of next week, organizing can be done.

Supper tonight is going to be spaghetti and meat sauce. I will be bringing up some tomato spaghetti sauce from the freezer and adding browned meat to that. I don't have garlic bread, but I do have some buns I could fashion into such. Throw in a tossed salad and supper is served.

Today I am grateful that so far DS has a mild case of Covid-19, but you can bet your boots I will be checking on him regularly.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Starting out near 60 and dropping to mid 50s day with some rain. I don't have to go anywhere so not a problem.

Today I have my Monday Zoom meeting with members of my Vitality Group to help pass some time. Not that I need to buy anything I will be viewing the Black Friday ads online today as well. There are also two movies today that I will watch, one in the afternoon and one tonight.

I've been thinking about getting a new Fire tablet to replace my 10 inch one bought in 2016. It's still like new as I hadn't really used it because I didn't have wifi hooked up until January. I also preferred reading on my Fire 7 inch which I've replaced with a new 8HD the end of last year. Originally the larger model sold for $250. Today it's regular price is $149 and has been significantly improved with HD, a much longer battery life and a higher screen resolution. The Black Friday price is $94.00 or $79.00 with ads. I have been using my tablets a lot now and if I decide to I could always give the older one to my sister. Will think more on it today. I've also thought about the Samsung Tab but I'm so used to the Amazon product. It comes with pretty much everything on it already and I can get additional apps I do want right off the Amazon site.

Today's designated day has been identified as "National Espresso Day". The Espresso Machine was first invented in Italy by Luigi Bezzera in 1901. Luigi's goal was to reduce the time his employees spent on their coffee breaks and subsequently increase productivity. His espresso machine accomplished this goal, and went beyond, creating a thick, bold, coffee that became very popular.

Espresso machines use steam to force hot water through the coffee grounds to make coffee faster with the added bonus of a stronger flavor and more body. It is topped with a delicate foam called "crema". Coffee used for Espresso is ground finer.

Have a nice day.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It’s an overcast day here and it is still quite warm.

Logics, thanks for the ideas of streaming services to get Hallmark. I think I’ll sign up for the 7-day trial of Frndly.tv next week to watch at least a few of the Christmas movies. I had never heard of that service.

Today I plan to decorate my tree and read. I’ll wait until after Thanksgiving to put out the rest of my Christmas decor because I don’t want to put away Fall too soon.

I’ve decided to get a rotisserie chicken for Thanksgiving and make the sides (green bean casserole, dressing, scalloped potatoes) here. I bought a frozen Marie Calendar pumpkin pie which I’ve had before and is better than a Publix bakery pie. I looked into restaurants serving a Thanksgiving meal for takeout and did not find a lot of good options. I considered Bob Evans but it is not very close to me and I think I have eaten there maybe once in my life so I’m not sure of the food. Making the meal at home will be better.

Stay safe.

snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning yall! Day 5 of quarantine, poor DSon is tired of being stuck with momma lol. He told me he needed to see other people and that momma just wasn't enough to hang out with lol. Hes 4 so he doesn't really understand what's going on.. i just tell him that we have to wait to make sure no one is sick. Probably will take him out for outside time once it warms up. I still haven't heard about my test results. I did not test DSon due to the recommendation of his school nurse, hes showing no symptoms and is only four so she felt that may be too much for him so he has to quarantine only. Ive checked him everyday and its been a week since his last contact with dsister and no symptoms. DM and over at her house have tested negative for covid except for dsister. She has not run a fever in over 4 days.

Dh and I worked on our countertops last night. It wasnt much but we covered them with contact paper to make them look nicer, right now we can't afford new countertops so we covered them to look like fake marble and put up cheap backslash for 15.00 dollars so not bad. Ive been going through items and packing them up for my family members if they want them. If not donation pile they go. Frugal wise, I will be staying close to home and not doing a whole lot.

Jackie, I wish I had you motivation to keep working on projects, I get distracted lol.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

It’s much colder today and the roads and sidewalks are slippery. I went to Safeway very early this morning to pick up a few groceries and specials. I wasn’t able to get these things from Walmart. It was very quiet in the store and I was in and out within half an hour. Safeway had everything on my list and the produce was excellent so I was happy.

I have started preparing the veggies for a butternut squash soup and decided to take a computer break to allow the butternut squash to cool off a bit. I always bake it a short time to soften it up. I hate wrestling with a hard squash! The said soup will be Dh’s lunch and my dinner.

I will go for my walk after lunch and hopefully it will warm up a bit. I need to vacuum the main floor today and perhaps do some dusting. Dh took the Christmas lights down from the garage loft so I may end up helping him as well.

I think I will check out Amazon as well and I plan to order a fresh wreath from LLBean to get delivered to Dd1 as an early holiday surprise. I have a gift card to use up and can order from the Canadian catalog, pay in Canadian funds but have it delivered to the U.S.

Have a marvellous Monday !
Creative