Daily Check In November 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Daily Check In November 23, 2020

Post by itspennyc »

I saw the hand doctor this morning, my pain is caused by too much movement in my thumb joint. Even though the pain is in the index finger. She prescribed a thumb splint. I got a new one this morning. I will have to see how many I have. I can’t simply go to the store to buy one. The splint does seem to be helping

If I need to order another I can order on Amazon.

Penny

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening Friends,

Such sad news about Lin's daughter-in-law. We all take so much for granted every day. I always say that I will try not to - but then I do.

I had today off - I have the week off again actually. I did a lot of cleaning, organizing, decluttering today. Several things will go out front with a "free" sign on them tomorrow.

DD and I are volunteering at a food distribution in the morning. Then have some work to do outside - there are still leaves to be cleaned up and a flower bed to be raked. It's never ending but I am thankful for my home and to be able to do what I can do.

Hope you are all okay and if I don't get back here before Thanksgiving - I hope you all will find the blessings in the day.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

What a week-end. My SIL had a TIA ( mini stroke) Saturday night. Then last night she had a really bad aFib incident. She seems to be doing better today. Then in between those two things JusMom had a mutual friend notify me about her DDIL passing so unexpectantly it was all so overwhelming. Feel so sorry for Lin, Justin, and her little boy.

Not much else going on here.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:48 pm
I saw the hand doctor this morning, my pain is caused by too much movement in my thumb joint. Even though the pain is in the index finger. She prescribed a thumb splint. I got a new one this morning. I will have to see how many I have. I can’t simply go to the store to buy one. The splint does seem to be helping

Penny
Penny does the Dr think your knitting so much is the cause of your too much movement? Hope you can find a splint to use and it helps with your pain. Take care.
Janet Alliesmama

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, (((hugs))). That's a lot of sorrow at once.

Penny, I commiserate with you on the bad thumbs. My right one is fused at the distal joint now by bone spurs and the left unfortunately seems to be going that way. The braces help a lot, especially if I wear them overnight.

I had a busy work day, but not as physically taxing as Friday. I need to take a mop with me tomorrow and mop the foyer of the office, which is not very large. It gets dirty and the cleaning crew never seems to get around to mopping it. There is some bizarre division of labor regarding floors that I have never figured out, but the upshot is they don't get cleaned very often.
Mackie

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

by alliesmama4 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:28 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:48 pm

Penny

Penny does the Dr think your knitting so much is the cause of your too much movement? Hope you can find a splint to use and it helps with your pain. Take care.
Note she doesn't, because I have not knit much lately. She wants me knitting again. I have splints at home plus I ordered an extra one it is just one of the reversible thumb splints.

The things that seem to cause pain are trying to snap snaps, using my right hand for almost anything. She feels that the thumb Metacarpal is moving more than it should as a result of my thumb reconstruction surgery 11 years ago. When it moves it rubs on the second metacarpal(index finger).

I am hoping the splint continues to help.

Penny