Daily Check In November 25, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In November 25, 2020

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning All. So sorry to hear folks aren't sleeping well. I guess it should be no surprise given the state of things - that we all have a bad night now and again.

Dogs woke me up - I don't know what time - but too early, still dark. I decided not to look at a clock. Let them out and we all went back to sleep until 7:10. Got the outdoor cats fed and am enjoying coffee and homemade banana bread. Did a few surveys and that's about it.

Daughter and I are going shopping for our Thanksgiving meal at 10:00 a.m. There will be nothing traditional about it - since just the 2 of us are staying home, we are just going to have a couple of our favorite appetizers and desserts. Makes no sense to me to purchase and cook foods that nobody will eat. I do like "Thanksgiving foods" -- sweet potatoes for example - but I eat them year 'round.

It is cold and windy today - no sign of snow right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be milder. We have no special plans for tomorrow other than enjoying our treats and watching a movie or two - hopefully a Christmas movie. Will decorate for Christmas on the weekend - really, for me that is just putting up the tree - I don't "deck the halls" too much - just a bowl of glass ornaments on the coffee table and a festive candle on the kitchen windowsill.

I'm off to tackle a couple more surveys. Happy Wednesday to all.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

happydaze

I'm there with you on the non traditional holidays

No decorating for me this year, and not due to covid.

I just don't see them the same as I did when I was growing up. It was fun then, now sort of turned into a chore. And decorating with the cod was a struggle. He was the one that did it, but whined and complained the whole time. Why do it if that is how you feel?

I think he ruined the holidays for me - :mrgreen:

He had a dysfunctional upbringing.

And he is still having vehicle issues.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I am scheduled to get an H-E-B order this morning about 10 am.

Last night I managed to pull something in my other knee. As I walk this morning it is getting less uncomfortable. I have no idea how I did it as I didn’t fall or anything. Trying to get on my tiptoes is painful. I was reaching to adjust a dress that was damp that I had put on my shower curtain bar so that it wouldn’t fall. That is when it happened. Of course this was just before bedtime.

I did strip and partially make my bed. I have the now clean sheets in the dryer. I have to wash the mask fabric one more time in hot water.

I need to empty and reload the dishwasher.

Penny

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Not much going on here right now. It is (48 F) (8. C) but going to go up to ( 61 F) (16. C). We have rain and possible severe thunderstorms heading our way late morning. Also the weatherman said we might have a tornado. Does not seem like the day before Thanksgiving with the warm weather.

My SIL is still in the hospital with her TIA. Everyone, including her, are concerned about her being in a hospital that is packed with covid patients.

Today I am going to start my prep for my Thanksgiving dinner. I am making a pumpkin cheese cake and do the prep for a raw cranberry salad. The raw cranberries have to marinate in crushed pineapple and sugar over night. Although I am thinking of trying to sweeten it with monk fruit (a sugar sub). In the past I have tried to marinate the cranberries with stevia and it did not work out. So need to try something different to try to cut the carbs. Also will be making ketogenic buns to use in making my stuffing. I am not going to have turkey instead I am going to have baked chicken tenders.

In a few minutes I am going to take my trash to my neighbors and then take Teddi for a ride. He has so few enjoyments due to sheltering at home and he does love his rides. I do too. Then we will come home and hunker down for the bad weather.

Stay safe everyone.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:51 am
I am scheduled to get an H-E-B order this morning about 10 am.

Last night I managed to pull something in my other knee. As I walk this morning it is getting less uncomfortable. I have no idea how I did it as I didn’t fall or anything. Trying to get on my tiptoes is painful. I was reaching to adjust a dress that was damp that I had put on my shower curtain bar so that it wouldn’t fall. That is when it happened. Of course this was just before bedtime.

I did strip and partially make my bed. I have the now clean sheets in the dryer. I have to wash the mask fabric one more time in hot water.

I need to empty and reload the dishwasher.

Penny
Penny sorry to hear about your new problem. Hope things get better very soon for you. Take care.
Janet Alliesmama

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Penny, I am sorry to hear about your knee.

I arrived home yesterday evening and found that Homeless Buddy had cooked supper. That was nice! I brought leftovers for my lunch. Right now I'm having banana chips as a snack with my coffee.

Work so far is very quiet. I have no help today but everyone up the food chain has gone home early for the holiday, so there won't be anything but routine chores going on. I wish I was home, getting a jump on the cooking or taking a nap. Although I was asleep by 9:30, I was very tired and overslept a little.

There was some unhappy excitement in our neighborhood this morning: The house directly behind our neighbor across the street caught fire. We could see the blaze from our front porch. Our neighbor's house seems okay (although I imagine his back fence is singed) but there were a lot of fire trucks and police called. Homeless Buddy speculated that it was a kitchen fire, since the kitchen is on the back of almost every house in the neighborhood, and the fire started at the back. I guess we will know more this evening.

I hope everyone has a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie