Daily Check In November 25, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In November 25, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

I decided these last few weeks that I was going to buy something for myself for a change.

I placed an order for a fruitcake (received), a dressy red blouse and a 1 lb. package of maple walnut fudge. I expect that these will arrive today based on an email in today's inbox.

Well, I did finally break down and order the charger plates. I ordered them through DollarTree as I was able to order these in a min. quantity of 4 which I did. Wasn't sure I'd get them for Thanksgiving but they arrived today. The red is a bit darker than what it appeared to be on the website, but they are beautiful. The shipping of course cost me more than the plates LOL, but for $1 each, these chargers are really quite nice and far better quality than I had expected. They will definitely add a plus this holiday season.

I also did break down and ordered the 10" Fire tablet (with no ads). Not only was I able to get the "Black Friday" price $94 (marked down from $149), they had a promotion that if you added another payment option to their "wallet", you would get a $30 credit. I did and ended up with a final price of $64. Quite a big difference in cost from the original 10 inch model which was $250.

And I made one more purchase for myself. I ordered myself another sweater and a pair of silver dress pumps, not that we can go anywhere this year but I wanted a pair of silver dress shoes for quite some time. I got a deal on this order as well. I placed the order by going to the web on my Edge browser. It picked up coupons that gave me an additional $15 off in addition to the free shipping they were offering . . . unfortunately they added in almost $4 in Covid fees. Oh well, $11 isn't bad either.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

With walking this morning my right knee, is so much better now, I am so relived.

I am very glad that I have the Marie Calendar, turkey entree. They were out of the turkey Meal Simple dinner.

I did get the rest of order.

I also ordered a Meal Simple dinner for today’s dinner, all I will need to add is a vegetable.

Penny

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello again friends.

Penny, I’m glad that your knee is better.

Logics, I’m glad that you ordered some things for yourself! We deserve it. Everything sounds beautiful, especially the silver shoes.

I’m home from mom’s house and a quick trip to Publix. The main thing at mom’s house was to stop at a HOA board member and get the application for 2021. They don’t make it easy if, like me, you don’t get the newsletter. Even though the guy knew I’d stop by and I called again this morning, he had not made the copy and I had to wait in his house. I had my mask but he wasn’t wearing a mask and was slow as molasses. But I got it so will get the discount on trash pickup.

I had a few food items to pick up at mom’s house but I had a splitting headache so I lay down for about 30 minutes. I didn’t work outside.

I didn’t really want to go to Publix today since I picked up the rotisserie chicken yesterday with my Rx. But I worried that I didn’t have enough food for the princess and picked up a few things for myself. Now I won’t have to go out on Friday.

As much as I love Publix, they seem to have handled the early stages of the virus poorly. They were very slow in allowing their employees to wear masks. Our newspaper did a big write-up on it several months ago. Now the family of a 70-year-old deli worker in Miami Beach has filed a lawsuit against Publix. It has made the national news. The employee died after he got Covid after another deli worker was showing symptoms and later tested positive. The newspaper story said Publix told employees that masks would cause their shoppers to panic. Sad. I’m glad that early on I switched to Walmart pickup.

Stay safe.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

itspennyc wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:17 pm
With walking this morning my right knee, is so much better now, I am so relived.

I am very glad that I have the Marie Calendar, turkey entree. They were out of the turkey Meal Simple dinner.

Penny
Glad to hear you're having less problems walking.

Also Marie Calander turkey meal is the way I would go too.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:17 pm
Hello again friends.

Logics, I’m glad that you ordered some things for yourself! We deserve it. Everything sounds beautiful, especially the silver shoes.
Thank you. It's been years since I've treated myself to what I consider frivolous or fun and wanted vs needed.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I woke up at 2:00 AM...and thought I was starving :roll: I didn't eat much yesterday and might have been going into a low blood sugar episode, I don't know... anyhoo I got up and ate a serving of cottage cheese and went back to sleep :?

Of course I then slept in and have been feeling draggy all morning...The fiancé was here and is confused about the leak...because it is a geodesic dome house there are angles that get you mixed up going from outside observation to inside observation.....I "think" we finally have it figured out but of course it is raining and then tomorrow is a holiday....

I had to manhandle the semi frozen turkey and get the giblets out and the neck, both are now simmering with veggies for gravy and adding to the dressing. I have my buns toasted and corn bread drying for the dressing. Veggies are chopped and ready for that also.
Next up is mixing and stuffing the bird, peeling potatoes and assembling the glaze for the ham.
I also need to make tea for icing tomorrow....the family likes sweet tea, me, not so much. I will stick with water and coffee.

I think I will stretch the table and get it dressed for tomorrow later this evening. I want to be able to enjoy tomorrow and the more I get done today the better. I am looking forward to it, seeing my family and knowing that everyone has been very careful so we are able to be together albeit distancing and masking up. there are 8 of us.

The fiancé is convinced we are going back into a heavy duty lockdown, and surprisingly he is all for it.
We were watching the morning news and seeing the news reports from different airports .... he was also telling me that he went to my favorite fruit/veg market the other day and hardly anyone and none of the employees were masked up :shock: .I will NOT be going back in there until they mend their ways.

He was asking someone in there why no masks and was told the owners were unhappy with the election results and have decided that the virus is hurting their business /was a hoax...so they are not masking....
Now to be fair , like he said the person he talked to may have been just running their mouth....so who really knows...

Part of me wants to start Christmas decorating, part of me says why bother....once I get started I will feel better about it.

Need to clean the microware, and get started again......
JCKitty