Daily Check In November 25, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 25, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 25, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up, coffee in hand, but not well rested. I had a very restless night from about 2 am onwards. Brain started to work overtime with strange thoughts and almost fears. I do so hope that what came to me last night does not happen. This virus has me going all which way.

It will be another boring day on the old homestead. I have pretty much caught up with all the tidying and cleaning this month, heck I've probably baked more bread than usual as well (for some odd reason we are eating more bread than usual, I may buy some to give me a bit of a break).

I have actually managed to follow the drawing of a number to work on a craft, which has enabled me to finish a great many more projects than I would have normally. You see I would have stuck with working on the quilts tops if it had killed me and only gotten that completed. Instead I managed to finish the mug rugs, the tree ornaments (which I now realize I need to get on said tree), the oven mitts, the pot holders (when the oven mitts did not work out), made a case for my phone, took apart an old knitted blanket and will be recycling the yarn, sandwiched two quilt tops, partially hand quilted another, made two more beeswax wraps, sewed a nightgown, and continued work on knitting my sweater, and the temperature blanket. Today I should be able to get the body scrubs done, and perhaps the pieces of my ereader cover started (though I had the thought of machine embroidering a bit on the front of the case). This will still leave me time to perhaps finish hand quilting the one top. Heck I could even have enough time to get the binding put on.

Listing all that makes me realize that crafting takes up a good portion of my free time. Still, I enjoy it, get items made as gifts, and things to pretty up the house.

Frugally speaking this will be a no spend day. I am tempted however to go shopping today as new regulations will be coming down. I don't want us to lock down as much as Manitoba, but I don't want us to be as lenient as our other neighbour to the west. I have a few more baking supplies to purchase, as well as a couple of items to restock the pantry (since they are pasta and canned goods if they are on sale I will buy a few packages). I also need to get D and C cell batteries, and perhaps some more AAA. Candles as well in case the power goes out. I now know where there are more jigsaw puzzles and may make a trip there when at the drugstore (beside each other) to pick up a few. I also saw in my emails from BookBub some interesting free books that I think I will download before they disappear. Hubby has not made his ketchup as of yet and as I have tomato juice to rid us of, perhaps that will get done at some point this week.

Eldest DS is doing fine, he taught online again yesterday, but one of the changes made in his province is that grades 7 to 12 are being switched to online learning from this week to December 18th, and then off for a long winter break. They will not go back to in person school until at least a week after school starts in January. Another mandate the Alberta government brought down was absolutely no indoor social gatherings (outdoor are fine, but heck we live in Canada, it is winter and darn cold), you can only meet with those in your household. If you are single/living alone you can meet/socialize with two other people. Eldest did not do as well as he thought he would during the last lockdown, and I am concerned for him this one as well.

So far a total relock down is being avoided, both here and in Alberta, but that was one of the things worming it's way through my brain last night. Not exactly panicking, but concerned that people who don't agree with provincial guidelines will do something stupid (which of course they will) and cause another bigger outbreak. Already these people say they will not take the vaccine.

Supper tonight will be baked spaghetti and salad.

Today I am grateful for finding a method that works to get all my projects completed.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Snowangel, I’m glad that you posted negative.

I just lost my whole post but in a nutshell I slept for 10 hours and feel better but still not 100% rested. Mentally I feel better, too, and Pippi seems more herself.

I’ll maybe check in later but don’t want to rewrite my whole post now.

Stay safe.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Good morning toute le monde!

I've had a night like Jackie's. I forgot to turn down the thermostat last night and was hot and after turning it down? It took too much time to cool down and by then? It was 5:30 am, I just gave up and got up. I may take a nap sometime this morning. But not too late.

I have been having tummy troubles of late. I think I mentioned that a few weeks ago. The other item keeping me tossing and turning last night was that I have to go to the hospital today for an ultrasound. I have to do the whole drink 4 glasses of water and try not to hit the bathroom before you get there!! That's always difficult for me. So, along with the ultrasound, I had to find a ride and get myself there and back home. Cooper Doggie's Mum is going to take me and also take me home. They are family to me. I love them heaps. :D

I had to go to the hospital a week ago Friday for blood tests. I thought I'd be smart and park near the lab doors at the back of the hospital. No go. I would have had to walk 3 blocks around to the front of the hospital and hope my parking meter didn't run out while inside. I moved the car to the front parking lot where you pay as you are leaving.

The system to get into the hospital is only through the front door. You get your covid questions, you have to prove you are there for lab or another procedure and then they give you a waiting number for the lab which you hold onto until someone come back from the lab, then they give you another to show that you are going to the lab and no other area of the hospital. For today's ultra sound, they have a large waiting room and I will be there for a short time before going to ultrasound where you have to get into the gown and razz-a-matazz and then wait until they call you.

I am not too worried about getting Covid at the hospital or clinic. The protocols they have as you enter and leave are good and they were wiping down the chairs as you left them to go into the lab so that it was sanitized for the next patient. They were also wiping down the door push and openers as well. Just because I am a worrier, I pulled my hand inside my jacket and pushed open with my hand inside my jacket for protection.

After getting up so early? Then an ultrasound (who knows how long that will take!), I think today I will goof off and maybe make some cookies and I should take out some frozen bananas to thaw for a nice banana bread. It's been too long since I did those cookies a few weeks ago.

Well, maybe it is time for another espresso. I am watching the morning news as well as reading it. I enjoy my early morning with the news and reading.

Clem, I saw that there was quite a tornado in Arlington, Texas with a wide swath for the storm path. I hope you weren't on the edge or inside that area. I was on Twitter last night when I started to see posts about people saying the storm sirens were going off in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. People were quite scared as it had been predicted to be a big one. The dark videos I saw from Arlington showed quite a bit of damage. Isn't this quite late in the season for tornadoes?!

Hope everyone hangs onto their health and those not feeling so spritely will get back into the pink soon.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning!

Looks like we woke up at the same time Jackie - 2am!

At least I did sleep before then. The COD was about and about and it woke me up.

Think i slept some until I finally just got up at 6.

Oh well, what can you do?

I feel okay though. Have our usual wednesday breakfast today.

Guess I have lots of time to get ready!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Today will be cloudy, some light sun and a temp around 51 degrees.

Feel like I'm running behind as I didn't wake up until 7:00A which is rather late for me. My typical rise and shine time is 5:00A but haven't been sleeping well the last couple of days.

Just got my cup of coffee and am checking on email right now. The only thing I do have planned is a Bingo game at Noon time; the rest of my day will be as a whatever happens kind of a day.

I went out yesterday and bought some clementines because they were on sale. The store closest to me wants $6.99 for them, but a store further up in town was selling them for $3.99. I picked myself up a small 4" poinsettia as well. They usually don't last much longer than the season for me, but the bright red color is cheery and works wonders on my spirits.

Tonight's meal is a frozen entree. I have tomorrow's menu all set and will be making 2 servings, one for tomorrow and one for Sunday leftovers (turkey leg, apple/onion stuffing, mashed potato, sweet potato, sauteed green beans and mushrooms, yellow tunips and cranberry sauce). My fruitcake order arrive so a piece of that will be dessert.

Today's designated day goes to "National Parfait Day". A parfait, a fancy name for a sundae served in a fancy glass, consists of layers of ice cream, whipped cream, and any combination of syrups and fruits. .

Celebrate this day by eating Parfaits. While chocolate is by far the favorite, use your imagination to create a wide range of single and mixed flavors.

Savor your favorite flavor of parfait, as you enjoy National Parfait Day.

Have a nice day all.