Daily Check -in December 24th 2020!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check -in December 24th 2020!

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,
I got up, left a little after 8 and stopped by the gourmet grocery store for coffee before heading down to DS1's. The grocery store was busy with people picking up their special orders. At DS's, DGS6 & I decorated a cookie house. Then I made some Christmas bark with DGS3. He is talking so much more he was telling his mom all the different colors he was seeing. I'd love to see him get back to preschool and DGS6 back tot he classroom. (So would their Mom).

On the way home, I remembered I wanted to get some macaroni in the house. Kroger's parking lot was jam packed. So I went to Menard's (a regional hardware store) they have a small selection of groceries. Then I picked up a hamburger from Steak and Shake.

SI now I am home, trying not to feel sorry for myself. Christmas eve has always been spent at some sort of family gathering. My Dad's side of the family when i was a kid. Then my parents & siblings and families. Noe of that this year. DS1 & family go her Mom's family. And now, DS2's arrival is in doubt. Someone in his Dad's household tested positive and DS was there Saturday. (DDIL is very glad her gut told her not to take her family) He tested negative yesterday, but said if he feels the least bit sick he will not come tomorrow. I keep trying to tell myself that tomorrow is my Christmas eve, and Saturday morning will be my Christmas morning with brunch at Mom and Dad's with DS1 & family and hopefully DS2. I am not getting the hang of hanging out on my own.

Enough of my whining,
Everyone have a wonderful Christmas.

Maggie

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

HappyDaze wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:20 am
Last evening my daughter and her guest (it's her ex - who may not be her ex anymore -
I found after ex-h became "ex" h that the better you get along without a guy after being together a while, the quicker he shows up on, contrite, on your doorstep ;)

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

It was 28 degrees when I got up this a.m. - 16 with the wind chill. Beginning to feel a lot like Christmas ;) after a week that started with a 70 degree day...

Anyway,

Merry Christmas :D

Be safe. Praying for a better 2021!

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is a chilly but sunny warm 58 degrees here. Beautiful day.

I'm just hanging at the casa. I was watching hallmark movies, well more like listening to them, but got pulled in to listening to news. Crazy things going on in the country. Sad that some people were expecting their stimulus money by next week. Even if it was only 600 dollars. Better than nothing for some folks.

ugh

Anyway. going back to hallmark.

Beverley

Post by Beverley »

G'd Afternoon Frugals

I have been a little under the weather today, almost spent the day in bed. But I had a few things to make for tomorrow so now that is all done. I will go work on some puzzles, read, and perhaps start my TV watching earlier than usual. Mainly I have a sore throat and some congestion. No fever. DS and I keep checking the Covid apps that our governor told us to download. We check every day and both of ours keep saying no recent exposures, even though some of DS's co-workers who he interacts with have tested positive and/or had the virus. So I'm not sure how accurate these apps are. Anyway nothing needs to be done today so I will relax. We don't really do Christmas anymore since Mom has been gone. She was one who always insisted in gifting everyone even though she could not really afford it. We don't do it because we are always trying to declutter. If it weren't for the virus my daughter would be here tomorrow and I would bake treats to send home with her and for DS to take in to work. Covid has really changed things although as far as Christmas itself it has not really affected us much. Our Christmas days are for getting some R & R and eating simply prepared foods.

All 4 cats and Buddy are doing fine. I am so glad to have Melvin back in the house; he and his twin provide entertainment.

Have a nice Christmas Eve everyone. I will be around tomorrow. Take care and be safe.

Bev

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I find it strange that people are still working etc. The sand fracking trucks are still rolling down the road.

Maybe I am crazy thinking that everyone should just stop and relax. But I guess that can't happen.

Police, doctors, nurses, firemen, grocery store folks, mailperson, etc have to keep going.