Daily Check -in December 24th 2020!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Daily Check -in December 24th 2020!

Post by clemencia2us »

Am I first?

Still awake.

Pets are up and about \

Lets see what this day holds.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check -in December 24th 2020!

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It appears that we're going to have a couple of mild days high 50s to low 60s, but it will be raining a good deal of the time. I will be going out today to pick up my meal for tomorrow . . . I'm just not into cooking something special for myself as I would normally have gone out to eat tomorrow.

I fell asleep fairly early last night so after about 6 hours of sleep, I'm up LOL. But I have every intention of laying down for a couple more hours once I finish the post or maybe later.

The holiday activities for the day include working on my Christmas coloring page, a Christmas eve pancake brunch with Santa reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas", and Holiday Bingo followed by a Fireside tea. The evening will be spent watching a holiday movie from the "Inn's" collection.

My amaryllis is growing by leaps and bounds. Yesterday it was 3-1/2 inches tall; this morning it's 4" tall with a second little "tongue" sticking out LOL.

Dinner tonight is pizza and a salad.

National Egg Nog Day, today's designated honor, celebrating a very special and traditional holiday drink.
Egg Nog is a seasonal holiday beverage that you can drink plain or with a "bit" of rum, whiskey or bourbon added in. It appears just before Thanksgiving and is gone by New Year's. Consumption of this sweet drink peaks on Christmas Eve.

No one seems to know who created National Egg Nog Day but egg nog lovers are ecstatic that this day exists. Of course, it's loaded with stuff that's not good for you but it sure does taste good!

The Correct Spelling: This holiday drink is spelled "Egg Nog" and "Eggnog", about equally. So which form is the correct one? It depends on how much rum is in your Egg Nog!

Happy Christmas eve!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:47 am Good morning all.

It appears that we're going to have a couple of mild days high 50s to low 60s, but it will be raining a good deal of the time. I will be going out today to pick up my meal for tomorrow . . . I'm just not into cooking something special for myself as I would normally have gone out to eat tomorrow.

I fell asleep fairly early last night so after about 6 hours of sleep, I'm up LOL. But I have every intention of laying down for a couple more hours once I finish the post or maybe later.

The holiday activities for the day include working on my Christmas coloring page, a Christmas eve pancake brunch with Santa reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas", and Holiday Bingo followed by a Fireside tea. The evening will be spent watching a holiday movie from the "Inn's" collection.

My amaryllis is growing by leaps and bounds. Yesterday it was 3-1/2 inches tall; this morning it's 4" tall with a second little "tongue" sticking out LOL.

Dinner tonight is pizza and a salad.

National Egg Nog Day, today's designated honor, celebrating a very special and traditional holiday drink.
Egg Nog is a seasonal holiday beverage that you can drink plain or with a "bit" of rum, whiskey or bourbon added in. It appears just before Thanksgiving and is gone by New Year's. Consumption of this sweet drink peaks on Christmas Eve.

No one seems to know who created National Egg Nog Day but egg nog lovers are ecstatic that this day exists. Of course, it's loaded with stuff that's not good for you but it sure does taste good!

The Correct Spelling: This holiday drink is spelled "Egg Nog" and "Eggnog", about equally. So which form is the correct one? It depends on how much rum is in your Egg Nog!

Happy Christmas eve!
Love me some egg nog.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:22 am Am I first?

Still awake.

Pets are up and about \

Think I was up at this time staggering into the bathroom and staggering back to bed.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Here it is Christmas Eve day (does that make sense to many of you) and hopefully all the preparations are ready to come together to make our celebrations however large or small perfect.

I do know this year will be different for all of us, but I keep thinking that this is one year out of many, and all of us have the courage and stamina to move through this. I also know that we are extremely lucky in this household. Since our boys live alone they can choose one family to join with. Here, it is us. We can still have Christmas, maybe just not the big extended evening that we are used to with the rest of the family. I am beyond blessed that both our sons want so badly to spend the holidays with us.

Oldest has been home for 5 days and the youngest will be arriving at some point today. Hopefully around noon. I think they will be staying until the 27th maybe the 28th if I am really lucky.

Lasagna will be pulled from the freezer this morning along with some bread and the garlic bread. I have given up baking bread when the boys are home as I just can not keep up. Turkey will be removed from the freezer a bit later and placed in some water overnight as well. I think I just might have bought a turkey that is a smidgeon to big for us....Oh well, lots of leftovers and I will be sure to send some home with the DS's.

Just a few things left to do and then I can enjoy the holidays. Well mostly enjoy the company. One of the things I need to do is set up my binder for next year. I am going to try something different, something I used to do years ago and I just may move back to this if I find I can get away with this simplified version. I no longer like complicated that is for sure.

I need to sweep and damp mop the basement floors, as well as sweep up here. Will be spending about 1/2 hour making those squares I keep putting off, and a bit of time giving my fridge shelves another wipe down while they are empty.

Other parts of the day will consist of tidying, hand quilting, knitting and reading.

Supper tonight will consist of lasagna, garlic bread and salad. The leftovers of which will more than likely be eaten on Boxing Day if not for lunches before hand (eldest DS loves to raid the fridge).

Tonight we will watch Mass live streamed from our parish church, and perhaps just perhaps watch a Christmas movie.

Today I am grateful for time spent with family.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:22 am Am I first?

Still awake.

Pets are up and about \

Got up about 230, but went back to bed at 4. Our Pom woke me at 530.