Daily Check-in December 30, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in December 30, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:48 am I decided to upload a pdf file with my Virtual Sleigh Bell Inn vacation. You can locate it at the URL below. The Inn of course is fictional, but the places mentioned in the letter are genuine. I did not follow the schedule I planned to the letter, but instead modified it along the way. But this is my 2020 Virtual Christmas celebration.

http://bettylogic.50webs.com/Sleigh Bell Inn (small).pdf

If you type it in, you will have to put the spaces between the words in the file name. Those of you with Macs, let me know if you would like to see it, but can't. I will rename the file and upload again.
Betty thank you for sharing. It looks like fun.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:19 am Good morning beautiful people,

We woke up to a winter wonderland and lovely mild temperatures. Snow shoveling will definitely be on our agenda, along with snowshoeing at our local park. Now Dd2 is getting hooked!

I had some lovely time to myself this morning before anyone else woke up. I skipped the news and watched a Hallmark movie “Christmas in Venice”. Beautiful architecture and culture. I made some steel cut oats, dabbled with my new planner and finally finished my Christmas mystery. Even got some knitting in.

I have to finalize my Walmart pickup order for tomorrow morning but don’t have anything else pressing to do.

Still lots of food in the house but completely out of milk. I can’t drink my morning coffee without it so had a Malaysian white coffee instead. It has the creamer and sweetener already in the pouch. I will have a Nestle cappuccino tomorrow morning, again creamers in the package. That saves a trip into the store.

Dd2 had ordered me some winter leggings for Christmas and they finally arrived yesterday. I am wearing them today and it feels good to have something new. She also got herself a pair, lol.

My mood feels so much better. I think I finally have adjusted to my hormonal medication. Perhaps with Christmas being over, I am not really sure. I was finding it challenging to think of thoughtful gifts for my out of town family that could be easily shipped. We still had a lovely celebration with just the three of us in person. Dd2 is enjoying a well deserved rest from work. It’s been crazy at the hospital.

Have a wonderful day!
Creative
Creative good to hear you are adjusting to your hormonal medication. Hope it continues to go well for you.
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:55 am It said “no such file available,” but I’ll try it again.
You can try this one. I've changed the file name.

http://bettylogic.50webs.com/Sleigh_Bell_Inn_small.pdf
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My phone was out then the my internet was off while the tech did the tests to determine the cause.

It was determined that the Modem needed to be reset to the factory settings, and that my caller ID was broken. That is in the trash.

I have gotten my leftover roast beef individually packed and in the freezer. I also packed many pieces with the drippings to freeze to make vegetable beef soup. I made some with my last roast it was very good.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Folks reporting that they have had their 600 dollar stimulus checks deposited.

That was fast.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends.

So far today I have seen no one at work. (I kind of doubt that very many people are even on campus today.) I have finished all the required training for the year, sent a note to my doctor through MyChart about my cholesterol test (only took me two months to get around to it), and texted my old college buddies about getting together on Zoom tonight to catch up on things and say an early goodbye to 2020.

DH was in a foul mood yesterday. We have a financial advisor who we speak with several times a year, and the guy seems to alternate between telling us we need a million dollars in savings to retire and telling us we're too frugal, should spend more money now and enjoy life. Yesterday DH had a phone conference with him and got the latter message (spend more now!) Since we're still paying off our house/medical debt/house & car repair debt, and are hunkered down to accomplish that in 2021, that made DH rather prickly. I think we may need a new advisor, at the very least one who understands where his clients are coming from: as in we'll have fun when all the obligations are squared away.

This afternoon when I pick up Homeless Buddy after work, I am going to take him by an extended stay motel near our house so he can inquire about their rates. The place is old and not great, but he is interested in moving there. Because he would not have a lease, it is considered insecure housing and he would still qualify for the supported health care he's been getting, which provides him his insulin, heart medication, and mental health counseling. It's long past when he should have moved out from our house, which he acknowledges, but Covid threw a loop into everyone's process, for sure.

Well, time to eat my lunch. Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie