Reading the Alphabet

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Reading the Alphabet

Post by Jackielou »

Taking my "Z" book with me in the vehicle today. I should be able to finish it.

I chose to read "Zoo" by James Patterson.

This was fun to do and I am surprised that I stuck to mostly following the alphabet. I did find some interesting books in my search, so I may start the alphabet all over once again.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackie, you did GREAT - me...not so much - I think 3 books so far. I just got "Here for It - or How to Save Your Soul in America" for my book club meeting later this month. I was able to pay for it (used) with Amazon gift card bucks.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:17 pm Jackie, you did GREAT - me...not so much - I think 3 books so far. I just got "Here for It - or How to Save Your Soul in America" for my book club meeting later this month. I was able to pay for it (used) with Amazon gift card bucks.
I am actually quite surprised I managed this. I really enjoyed doing this.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I'm reading "E" - Educated, by Tara Westover, for my next book club meeting. It's a true story and is about her live in a family who didn't send their children to school, or to the doctor - most of them didn't even have birth certificates! The parents were a bit "bubble off level" and there was domestic abuse by one of the brothers. With encouragement from another brother, Tara got herself into college! This is a great read.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I keep reading new books starting with letters I've already read, but it is whittling down my book stack.

A. The Artful Egg by James McClure; Atomic Habits by James Clear (loved this).
B. The Body by Bill Bryson.
C. The Crocodile Bird by Ruth Rendell.
D. Dog in the Dark by Gerald Hammond.
E. Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton.
F.
G. The Ghosts of Eden Park by Karen Abbott; Garbage Land: On the Secret Trail of Trash by Elizabeth Royte.
H. H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald; Hidden Valley Road by Robert Kolker
I. In the Valley of the Sun by Andy David; In a House of Lies by Ian Rankin
J.
K. The Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan.
L. To Live and Die in L.A. by Gerald Petievich.
M. The Maytrees by Annie Dillard.
N. Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century by Jessica Bruder.
O. Operating Room Confidential: What Really Goes On When You Go Under by Paul Whang, MD; Organizing Her Life by Laura Saunders
P. The Pull of the Stars by Emma Donohue.
Q.
R. Reading Behind Bars: A True Story of Literature, Law and Life as a Prison Librarian by Jill Grunenwald; Rather Be the Devil by Ian Rankin.
S. The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix; The Siberian Dilemma by Martin Cruz Smith.
T. This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett; This Won't Hurt a Bit by Adam Kay.
U.
V. The Vampire and the Paramedic by Jamie Davis.
W. Whose Dog Are You? by Gerald Hammond; The Wide Night Sky by Matt Dean.
X. The X-Files: Antibodies by Kevin Anderson.
Y. Yes, Chef: A Memoir by Marcus Samuelsson.
Z. Zelda by Nancy Mitford.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Wow Mackie, you read a lot! WE are reading Crazy Rich Asians for book club.

Charles M. Schultz