Reading the Alphabet

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Reading the Alphabet

Post by HappyDaze »

So I got this idea - because I need something "fun and frivolous" to do just for ME as COVID continues to rule daily life. Missing my in-person book club, I joined an online book club. The first book we are reading is Atomic Habits.

So I got to thinking - "that starts with A"...and came up with an idea to TRY to read 26 books this year - going right through the alphabet - and reading one that starts with "B" next (I already decided on Better Than Before by Gretchen Ruben).

Our library is closed but I can still reserve books online and pick them up at the door, so this isn't going to cost anything. I do NOT think I will get through the whole alphabet this year - I'm not that avid of a reader.

I am thinking of "cheating" a bit and reading a Cookbook for "C" and a Decorating book for "D" - as long as the titles begin with C and D.

What are you reading?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Reading the Alphabet

Post by Jackielou »

Not really sure I could read through the alphabet. I am reading fluff right now to get my mind off the crazy world we are in right now. I also have some crime novels, and mystery novels downloaded on my ereader. I will see if any of those fit the bill.

However I would like to get back to reading as many books as I used to. Slowed down a great deal and now only read when first hitting the bed. That is not really conducive to getting loads of books finished as the reading in bed, kind of helps me to sleep.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Very cute idea to read the alphabet. I really haven’t been reading over the holidays. The book I picked from Logic’s suggested free Amazon Kindle list is called True Blue Murder by Elise Stone. But I haven’t started it yet. My most recent book was Jill Biden’s book about family, Where the Light Enters. It’s a quick read, no politics and is the story of her life and marriage and becoming mom to Joe’s children.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I have about 20 unread book on my Kindle. Just finished The Boy In The Woods by Harlan Coben and the Searcher by Tana French.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Isn’t it Sue Grafton whose books follow the alphabet?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

GMPG54 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:12 am Isn’t it Sue Grafton whose books follow the alphabet?
Yes,
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/