Reading the Alphabet

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Reading the Alphabet

Post by HappyDaze »

Almost half way through the year and I'm only on "B" - I'm just not a book reader. I read Atomic Habits in January and just finished "The Beekeeper of Aleppo" for my book club that meets Monday night - YES - IN PERSON - so excited!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Finished my choice for "X".

X by Sue Grafton.

Started my "Y" book today.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Nice Jackie! Do you always have a book reading in progress? I'm more of a "sporadic" reader - although now that my book club is meeting in person again, that will improve. Next up is "Here for It: Or How to Save Your Soul in America; Essays by R. Eric Thomas."
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 pm Nice Jackie! Do you always have a book reading in progress? I'm more of a "sporadic" reader - although now that my book club is meeting in person again, that will improve. Next up is "Here for It: Or How to Save Your Soul in America; Essays by R. Eric Thomas."
I have always read something ever since I was a little bitty girl of 4 (I was read to so much as a younger child I memorized what a word looked like). Mostly I read fluff, horror, and mystery cause I have found the outside world terrible enough and like all the bad stuff to go away or be solved immediately. Still the occasional classic, Shakespeare, of such makes their way onto my reading table. If I don't read for at least one hour a day I feel lost.
Jackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:38 am I have always read something ever since I was a little bitty girl of 4 (I was read to so much as a younger child I memorized what a word looked like). Mostly I read fluff, horror, and mystery cause I have found the outside world terrible enough and like all the bad stuff to go away or be solved immediately. Still the occasional classic, Shakespeare, of such makes their way onto my reading table. If I don't read for at least one hour a day I feel lost.
That's fascinating. I hope to read more when I'm retired. I did enjoy some mystery books a couple years ago - can't remember the name of them but I think the "crime solver" lady was British.

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Finished my "Y" book last night during my sleepless period.

You Don't Own Me by Mary Higgins Clark.

Will be starting my "Z" book tonight.
Jackie