Daily Check In January 5, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 5, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 5, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I think we are in for a weather change in my quiet corner of Saskatchewan, my joints are aching. The joys of growing old I guess. I will need to be moving a bit more in order to keep limber. This being a day where I do lots of standing (ironing, folding), sitting (crafting, shredding papers, cleaning/decluttering desk drawers and surface) and getting those rough copies of letters ready to be typed and dropped off. It isn't going to be the easiest day to keep moving.

Hubby is happy, Canada is doing well in the World Juniors, when I went to bed last night the USA was leading in their game, but not by much. Looks to be the setting of a Canada/USA final.

I have been looking up some new recipes to try with my ham leftovers, and I think I have found one to try tonight. One that should give us enough leftovers for another meal, but one that I will need to set up early in the morning (and I forgot to take out the ham, meaning a quick defrost in the mic will be necessary) and refrigerate until supper time. I will be trying out my shelf stable milk with this one and if it works out I will pick up another milk and use that in baking and cooking from now on.

I should also phone my sister at some point today and see how things are going with her. We only live 30 kms apart, but hardly ever see each other right now due to the virus. Neither of us wishes to be a carrier of it to the other.

Supper tonight is going to be a sort of ham strata bake. Should be interesting as I have never done anything like this before.

Today I am grateful that we have a treadmill so that we can keep fit on those days where we can not get outside (or just don't feel like it).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people.

I will probably be staying close to home today unless Dh wants to go somewhere else to snowshoe or cross country ski. The house is in dire need of vacuuming and the bathrooms need a good scrub as well. I have gotten sidetracked with genealogy lately and it can sure eat up a lot of your time.

I also have to update my agenda with some financial investment information, recording maturity dates.

So cleaning and planning are the main things on my agenda.

I will be thinking of all my American friends and really hope for a peaceful transition. Georgia will be on everyone’s mind today.

Have a wonderful day!
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:09 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I think we are in for a weather change in my quiet corner of Saskatchewan, my joints are aching. The joys of growing old I guess. I will need to be moving a bit more in order to keep limber. This being a day where I do lots of standing (ironing, folding), sitting (crafting, shredding papers, cleaning/decluttering desk drawers and surface) and getting those rough copies of letters ready to be typed and dropped off. It isn't going to be the easiest day to keep moving.

Hubby is happy, Canada is doing well in the World Juniors, when I went to bed last night the USA was leading in their game, but not by much. Looks to be the setting of a Canada/USA final.

I have been looking up some new recipes to try with my ham leftovers, and I think I have found one to try tonight. One that should give us enough leftovers for another meal, but one that I will need to set up early in the morning (and I forgot to take out the ham, meaning a quick defrost in the mic will be necessary) and refrigerate until supper time. I will be trying out my shelf stable milk with this one and if it works out I will pick up another milk and use that in baking and cooking from now on.

I should also phone my sister at some point today and see how things are going with her. We only live 30 kms apart, but hardly ever see each other right now due to the virus. Neither of us wishes to be a carrier of it to the other.

Supper tonight is going to be a sort of ham strata bake. Should be interesting as I have never done anything like this before.

Today I am grateful that we have a treadmill so that we can keep fit on those days where we can not get outside (or just don't feel like it).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
I can’t seem to find shelf stable milk in our local grocery stores. Did you order yours online?
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Back at it again. I need to log into various customer platforms and possibly change my passwords.

DS2 was sat down by his roommates and told he needed to find a new place to live for next year. He has no idea how he sometimes can come across. So he went to visit with a friend from High school who's Dad was there and they helped him brainstorm a strategy. He is looking of for an apartment of his own.

So I completed most of my to do list for yesterday. I have an appointment to take my car in for service on Saturday.

I need to speed up my studying for my next certification. I am still waiting on reimbursement for the last one, which was expensive.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:17 am I can’t seem to find shelf stable milk in our local grocery stores. Did you order yours online?
I actually found it on the shelf at my usual grocery store. It is expensive at over $4 a liter, but if I only use it for baking I should be okay and it will save on my regular dairy milk. I found it at our Federated Co-op grocery.
Jackie