Daily Check-in January 11, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in January 11, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Despite waking up a couple of times, slept OKish. It's going to be clear today but a bit cooler than yesterday.

I have two Zoom sessions today; the first my regular Monday morning chat and this afternoon, my coloring group will be getting together. I will be making my salads early as by the time my Monday chat is over, I'll be starving to the point where I'll just start eating anything I can find if I don't have them ready. I'm really looking forward to seeing at least some of my coloring group today.

Not to be confused with World Milk Day on June 1, "National Milk Day" falls on January 11 to observe the very first time milk was delivered to homes inside sterilized glass bottles. It wasn't until 1878 that anyone thought to fill bottles with milk and seal them with waxed paper. Before that, conditions for storing milk were unsanitary and could even be described as hazardous.

Milk with its nine essential nutrients is considered a staple food, and is said to technically be able to support human life without the addition of any other food groups to balance it out - of this I have to say I'm skeptical. Of course, most of us aren’t on a milk-only diet and many have developed an allergy to milk and other dairy products, but milk is our very first food as babies and often remains a common source of nutrition throughout our adult lives.

Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in January 11, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning Friends, Happy Monday. Back to work I go after a very busy and productive weekend. I would have liked some relaxation time in the weekend someplace but I'm thankful it was productive and a lot got accomplished.

The dogs let me sleep until the alarm went off at 5:00. Hope has been outside, Lucy won't get out of bed - don't blame her. Will feed the cats out in the shed when it gets daylight. Right now I'm enjoying a second cup of coffee and getting in the right frame of mind for the work day - or trying to.

Off to make a smoothie - I have some bits of things that need to be used up and they'll do well in a smoothie. That will for sure make me cold so I'll snuggle back under the covers to drink it. Gotta run - have a good day all.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

This morning I go for bloodwork if I can get my Rx straightened out. Then to mom’s garage to get my Christmas tree bins, take down my tree and return the bins to mom’s garage.

Following HappyChoice’s lead a few weeks ago, I’m taking a break from the Internet for awhile. I have a busy next few weeks. See you on the other side. ❤️
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:38 am Hello friends.

This morning I go for bloodwork if I can get my Rx straightened out. Then to mom’s garage to get my Christmas tree bins, take down my tree and return the bins to mom’s garage.

Following HappyChoice’s lead a few weeks ago, I’m taking a break from the Internet for awhile. I have a busy next few weeks. See you on the other side. ❤️
See you on the otherside Floridacatlover.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up, laundry started, first cup of coffee down and thinking another cup would be really very nice.

I am hoping to get lots done today, but I think that Hubby wants to make a trip to a store that sells flooring to look at some new stuff for the dining room/office space at some point today. Which I will be of course helping to pick out.

Today I would like to get the bottom cupboards in the kitchen decluttered and reorganized, and perhaps even the shelves that hold all my cookbooks cleaned up a bit.

I would also like to get my stove and oven cleaned, and the cell case for Hubby finished. Seems like this could end up being another busy day. I do find that keeping busy does make the days pass by a bit quicker in this time of restricted movements and being able to get out.

I am just halfway over my "B" book for reading through the alphabet, but will hopefully be finished that by the end of the week and be able to start my "A" book.

Frugally speaking I am not sure if we will order the flooring or not (spend day when I really don't want to spend) or just look and make a decision later in the week. I does need to be updated both there and in the kitchen. The two bedrooms should be redone as well maybe later on in the year.

Laundry is being done in the usual frugal manner, if I am using warm/hot to wash the rinse is always cold and I am washing what I can in cold as well as rinsing in cold.

Meals will all be made here at home with what is on hand. Leftovers will be used to make our lunches.

It will be another day of using up what needs using, substituting where necessary and continuing to live as frugal a life as we can.

At some point today I need to sit down and write a few letters. Two heading overseas and one heading to my parish office on Thursday when I drop off my envelope.

Supper tonight is going to be meatloaf (think I might make mini loaves and freeze a few) mashed rutabaga, and Brussels sprouts. Odd combination but things that need to be used up.

Today I am grateful for the 45 years I have spent with my Hubby. Yesterday we celebrated quietly at home. It was lovely.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I slept well, as expected. I made it to the grocery store yesterday.

This evening I have y support group meeting. They have the meeting room et up quiet well with seats distanced, so I am comfortable going. I think I will call the car dealership that installed my new tires and stop by there beforehand. After about 20 miles, I got a "tire pressure low" alert. Grrr.

I got the fixings to make a pot of chili. I have room in my freezer for leftovers stores in pint canning jars.

I will not be staying up to watch the National College Footbal game, but did dress in my Ohio state t-shirt and Sweatshirt.

Have a great day,
Maggie