Daily Check-in January 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in January 13, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

It really warmed up.

So nice. When I go outside with the pack, I set up my chair in the sun. Feels so good on my sore knees. This old age thing is for the birds.

Maybe it is the quarantine 15? When it gets warmer have to start hitting the trail again.

Had a good breakfast. One sister said her hubby is not really speaking to her because of their opposing political views. He is really all into it - current occupant. She just votes - not his way. She never discusses things. He even wants her to watch what he watches and she said no. So not speaking to her. Isn't that nuts. Been married over 50 years.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

jckitty wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:56 am Hello all,

I am up and waiting on a tele call from the hospital.....DD2 is in for her surgery. She was dropped off and IF I were able to go in to wait, it would have been in a general waiting area with way too many people. After much discussion she decided that she did not want me in that environment. So I wait.....have I mentioned how much I hate this virus.
I am anxious to hear something...

Robo-vac is going, animals are cared for, need to clean the kitchen but can't seem to settle down enough to get it started. It's fine, not like it is filthy....just something I do daily because even though my rotten cat never gets on anything when I am up and around I can't say the same when I am sleeping or out.

Just got the call!!! DD did great in surgery, doctor himself called...thank you Lord!!! She may get to come home today but it is doubtful...Just so glad that all went well and as the doctor said, very little blood loss.
He said it was my call as to whether she comes home today...after she is recovered and calls me, I get to decide. I am leaning towards her spending a night there as was originally planned.

Now I feel like I can breathe. I need to go to the farm store. But will probably put it off till later or even later tomorrow...I just need to get chicken feed and it is something to store. In case of bad weather.

Well that's all for now, I need to decompress :lol:

JCKitty
So happy to hear this Kitty. I think I missed the previous news about your Dd. Hoping for a speedy recovery!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

It's been so cloudy here for so long that only yesterday did I notice that the day was slightly longer.

I pulled out an old quilt and put it on the bedroom floor for the little dogs to lie on. Now they are comfortable and not insisting on being on the bed. Got my laundry going: my bathrobe was getting grubby. This is big excitement for a quarantined person. :-D

When my end of the house is empty, I do take the dogs outside to the back yard to relieve themselves. It's still quite cold today, although the top of the ground has thawed some. They do not want to linger out there unless the sun has been shining and warmed up the patio.

Kitty, I am glad your daughter came through so well and you got to stay away from the hospital. That's really the best thing right now.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:42 am I do hope the results from the new tests work out, and if they stay the same that your DH gets scanned as well.
I’m sure he will since it potentially affects both DD’s. But DD’s and me all agree that it’s best not to involve him until the revised results are received.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I think I do the intermittent fasting with out meaning too...

I only drink coffee and water generally up to 2 PM and usually don't eat after 7 at night. I just have never been one to eat in the morning. Food grosses me out in the AM. :lol:
My mom used to get all bent out of shape because I could not eat in the AM. She was always starved when her feet hit the floor.

My big thing is carbs I think, pastries and toast. If nothing else sounds good I eat toast and salad.

My only issue is I have low blood sugar episodes, but I think that is my body chemistry. Maybe would not happen to someone else? Yogurt takes care of that, for me anyway.

JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:56 am Hello all,

I am up and waiting on a tele call from the hospital.....DD2 is in for her surgery. She was dropped off and IF I were able to go in to wait, it would have been in a general waiting area with way too many people. After much discussion she decided that she did not want me in that environment. So I wait.....have I mentioned how much I hate this virus.
I am anxious to hear something...

Robo-vac is going, animals are cared for, need to clean the kitchen but can't seem to settle down enough to get it started. It's fine, not like it is filthy....just something I do daily because even though my rotten cat never gets on anything when I am up and around I can't say the same when I am sleeping or out.

Just got the call!!! DD did great in surgery, doctor himself called...thank you Lord!!! She may get to come home today but it is doubtful...Just so glad that all went well and as the doctor said, very little blood loss.
He said it was my call as to whether she comes home today...after she is recovered and calls me, I get to decide. I am leaning towards her spending a night there as was originally planned.

Now I feel like I can breathe. I need to go to the farm store. But will probably put it off till later or even later tomorrow...I just need to get chicken feed and it is something to store. In case of bad weather.

Well that's all for now, I need to decompress :lol:

JCKitty
What a relief! Now you can breathe. I hope your DD's recovery is quick.