Daily Check in Jan 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Jan 15, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

It is a bright sunny morning. Nice chill in the air - not uncomfortable at all. Just the kind that wakes you up

Terrible night of sleeping. Elderly pup was up every hour. Poor thing. He does sleep most of the day. He is a night owl.

Thank goodness I can lounge around. Am doing lunch at noon. Gotta have my weekly cheeseburger and fries.

Might go buy a lottery ticket. This time get the right one. I was shocked that they were selling for 50 dollars but didn't realize those were the scratch off. Duh. I tell you I am not a ticket buyer.

Have a great day all
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Last night I made 2 drawer dividers out of plastic bag boxes. I will see how they work. I have some other ideas that might work.

I woke up a little after 6 am. I walked down to check my mail. Nothing important. I am expecting a package but it has been delayed until Tuesday, according to the sender. The message from the post office says delivery delayed on the top, yet in the message area it tells me it is scheduled for delivery by the end of today.

Breakfast was oatmeal blueberry muffins, milk, and coffee.

My garbage is gathered and out.

I set up a H-E-B delivery order for Sunday morning. I need to put away the grocery order that was delivered on Tuesday morning. I have put some of it away.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I am so glad you mentioned MLK Day being a national holiday in the US. Having been stuck in the bedroom in quarantine, I'd completely forgotten and was fretting about being letting out of quarantine on Sunday and having to go straight back to work on Monday, having not been able to do anything much around the house. I get Monday off, so that won't be an issue.

So far this morning I've been letting the dogs out to the backyard and back in. I accompanied them one time to get them to stop barking through the fence at the dogs next door. My girls were being Total Dachshunds and loudly defending their turf, even though they come up only to the shins of the big dogs on the other side of the fence. It was pretty funny! :-D

In just a bit I will go rummage in the freezer for something to cook in the crockpot for supper. A nice soup maybe. So much excitement!

Hope everyone has a well and peaceful day.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I have been up since early and busy. I set the alarm and actually got up with it!!! :o

So far I have made chicken salad, egg salad, beef and rice casserole, cleaned the greens for a green salad, made the rest of the loaf of bread into toasted bread crumbs, peeled and stewed 2 apples that were lingering way too long, peeled and sliced 3 oranges that were getting dry, cooked carrots for candied carrots, have a loaf of bread raising and lastly...made the rest of the shortbread into cookie crumbs.

Laundry is done and hung by the woodstove....DD was just here as I shared the salads with her and sent some beef and rice casserole with her also.

Dishwasher has been run and need to empty it .

I have a feeling i will need a nap later :roll:

It was sunny earlier but seems to be getting dreary again. I also brought in plenty of wood so if it does rain again I have plenty in here. My outside wood is covered but will still draw moisture just from being outside.

I "may" start the dog grooming when I am absolutely sure I am done in the kitchen...then again may do it tomorrow...he always looks so good when it is done but me making the decision to start is the problem :?

I made the rest of the bread machine baked brad into crumbs because I just could not make myself like it...I think it is all in my brain, I don't like the texture. But I will definitely use the crumbs, I toasted them on a baking sheet on top of the woodstove... they smell divine. The crumbs remind me of panko bread crumbs, I need to research what makes panko crumbs... panko.

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:44 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in a bit this morning, probably because I was up a bit later and because of the massive headache I had most of yesterday. I still have said headache though it is down to a dull throb at this point. More coffee and more Tylenol will help. Even getting out for a short walk around the part of the block I know is not terribly icy with my cleats on will help. It isn't really cold but that wind we still have will make it feel like it.

I guess from my research and reading everyone does intermittent fasting. We usually fast most of the night. Hmmm, that makes things a bit easier to comprehend. Now if I just extend the period of time before I eat my first meal of the day, I would be fasting....but if I only eat 3 meals a day, making sure not to eat from 12 noon, to 6 pm daily added to the hours of fasting after that of at least 14 giving me 20 hours of no food.....something tells me it has to be all at once though. More research is necessary.

Frugal happenings here will be just staying home and decluttering, getting the house tidy for the weekend, cooking all meals here at home, perhaps getting lucky and receiving a few surveys (they seem to have slowed down a bit this past week), working on my various projects (I haven't got that darn cell phone case sewn yet), and perhaps doing some reading. Really just a normal day on the old homestead. Oh yeah and trying to find my outside chair cover. It seems to have blown away in the gale force winds of yesterday. I have a feeling it would be so torn up it would be useless anyway, but I will see if I can find it any where in the neighbourhood.

Youngest DS said that at one point overnight their winds in the city reached almost 150 mph. They got more rain and a bit more snow than we did so yesterday it was recommended that the traveling be kept to a minimum within the city. Good thing they are working from home in his section of the city offices, and I hope he is well stocked with food for the next few days.

I did learn one really important thing during our 6 hours without power (turns out it went out earlier than I thought) and that is to keep everything at full power (cell phone, tablet, and ereader) during the winter. One never knows when they will come in handy.

Supper tonight is going to be made with tinned tuna. Just not sure if it will be patties, or a casserole. Leaning towards patties/croquettes as those are easy and I have some salad fixings that need to be used. Served with rice, and peas/carrots. That should be more than enough to fill us up.

Today I am grateful that while the winds of winter blow across the prairies, I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food in my tummy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Wow Jackie 150 mph.. That is hurricane force! Does that happen very often inland? Glad your son is safe.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:13 am Good Morning Maggie and Janet and all Frugal friends. Maggie I was just discussing with my boss that Monday is a holiday. I'm still working from home due to having cold symptoms. Smiling and trying to put a positive spin on it.

Janet, I remember when you got your beautiful new curtains and you inspired me to go ahead and get some much needed and much wanted lovely new curtains as well - I have not regretted it for a second.

Was up in the 2:00 hour and again in the 4:00 hour so ended up sleeping in - it would be "too late" if I had to go to the office. Got the outside cats fed, dogs have been out and are back to bed and I need to get clocked in and start working. Oh and breakfast - but I can eat while I work.

Okay friends - Happy Friday!
I am glad you like your curtains. The drapes i have used in the past were gold and although they gave a nice barrier against the cold weather having them closed were actually depressing. The curtains I have do have a light lining but I think before next winter I will make a heavier lining out of light colored lining material. We are having a fairly mild winter this year but who know what next year will be like. Enjoy your new curtains I know the are uplifting your spirt like mine do me.
Janet Alliesmama