Daily Check in Jan 27

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check in Jan 27

Post by chocolite »

Afternoon, y'all. It's an overcast, chilly day here. I'm going to take Audrey for a short walk (in between drizzles of rain, hopefully). After that, I'm going to make some cranberry almond bread.

I need to vacuum my wood floors, but like Penny, I'm not sure my energy will let me do it. If not, maybe tomorrow. It's hard adjusting to a new "normal." (I hate that term, actually, but it does fit the situation I'm in.)

Have a good day, everyone.
Patty
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hey frugals!!!
IT IS SNOWING!! All of my ills are cured when it snows during daylight. I could sit and watch it forever. It is even better now that we are both retired and I don't need to worry about either of us having to traverse slick roads. It is just so beautiful!

Slept well last night. I never seem to sleep well in a bed any more, My shoulders start to hurt, so I came downstairs and slept in the recliner for 8&1/2 hours. It was wonderful.

Today I am working in my horribly messy kitchen as long as my energy lets me. Lordy, it looks like an episode of hoarders in there. Dinner will be meat and potato pie with a salad and green beans. Hubs's favorite meal. The recipe came from the back of a Campbells soup can back in the early 1970s. 4 of my signature dishes loved by my family came from the same place. I have perused dozens of Campbell cookbooks since and never found one of them published since.

If I get ambitious I make make a pot of potato soup and a loaf of 1 hour artisan bread for dinner tomorrow. We will see how that goes.

Have a great frugal day!

Stay well,
Lynn
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well had a good breakfast. Lots of coffee too.

Not sure what I will eat later. Food, food, foood!!!

The COD is going to cut the grass. My cousin hasn't shown up. Don't have his number. He has issues so he probably needed the money. Maybe he will come by later.

Paid property taxes - not a lot, but still hate it - lol. I should be thankful that the main area and house are exempt due to the CODs veteran status. Do have to pay for the back acre. And my share of the parental home.

Did it online. Think the main office is closed to the public anyway - virus spreading there.

Have a nice afternoon.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:42 am Good Morning Frugal friends,

Another day. I was busy with work yesterday. Lots of multitasking. It frazzled me. When I finished, I sat down on the couch and fell asleep for about an hour.

Today looks to be more of the same. My parents have appointments to get their vaccine today, first dose. Not much else to report.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Great news that your parents have a vaccine appt.!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I accomplished a few things that don’t sound like much but I had been procrastinating.

First I wrote a long letter to former neighbors (of mom’s) who now live in Ohio. I didn’t get a Christmas card off to them because I knew I wanted to write a long note. I did get a card from them and know they are both OK. The husband has had Alzheimer’s for several years and is still at home.

Then I sent a sympathy card to a former boss (actually “the big boss) because I heard his mom died recently. I never met the mom but she helped me over the phone on a story for my magazine and she was lovely. She was a journalist in Delaware. I knew this boss had moved and didn’t have his new address but found it in the tax records and confirmed it in the property records. He wasn’t in whitepages.com. I knew his old street so could tell I had the new address.

I watered all my outdoor plants and trimmed them. One looks bad (yellow lantana) because I let it get too dry but I’m pretty sure it will come back. We are supposed to get rain tonight but I’m not counting on it.

Then I made the muffins from the expired mix. Let’s just say I wouldn’t serve them but will eat them myself. They are heavy. Baking soda too old I guess.

Now I can work on a puzzle!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Dh and I skied this morning. The conditions were beautiful..we had snow last night. Half a day and I was done...I am so out of shape right now. AND.....I could really stand to lose some poundage!
Gayle..Happy Birthday to your "baby". Can't believe she is eight already!
Off to do something very important...not.