COVID Shots

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: COVID Shots

Post by LWolfT »

I apparently misread my appointment confirmation. My shot's not until next month :o

Maybe I'll get my next shingles vaccine, since I'll have more than 2 weeks between those shots.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:21 pm I have read that getting a strong reaction from the second shot is an excellent sign that the shot actually worked and you now have immunity. It can have such a kick that it puts people in bed for a day or two.
I am five days post second shot and still not back to 100%. Tired and sore, falling asleep at the thought and a bit more headachey than the usual. However, this, too, will pass. I'm having an excellent reaction to the vaccine and I know that's a good thing. I'm tough, lol.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:56 pm Sandy, I've read that it's 21 days for the Pfizer vaccine, 28 for Moderna.
:D You're exactly right. I thought the two-dose vaccines were the same.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:00 pm I apparently misread my appointment confirmation. My shot's not until next month :o

Maybe I'll get my next shingles vaccine, since I'll have more than 2 weeks between those shots.
Wolf...do check about getting the shingles vac. in between. I don't think you are supposed to get anything else while getting the two COVID doses.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

I am on the list at my drs office when they get more in. All of their patients are elderly and didn’t get enough to go around. I am 80, but considered in their more healthy group as I seldom go to dr. Had to go for bloodwork this week and dr said he was adding me because of age.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:09 am Wolf...do check about getting the shingles vac. in between. I don't think you are supposed to get anything else while getting the two COVID doses.
CDC recommends waiting 2 weeks between COVID and any other vaccine. If I get the second shingles this week, that would give me a month before my 1st COVID. But I'll check with the pharmacy.