COVID Shots

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

COVID Shots

Post by Sandy »

I received my first dose 1-5 and my second 2-2. The first gave me a sore arm for a day and sleepiness for a week. The second was decidedly more. Much more :shock: . Still feeling wrung out but SO happy that my doctor asked me if I was planning to take it.

I got Moderna, by the way.
clemencia2us

Re: COVID Shots

Post by clemencia2us »

It seems to be difficult to get the vaccine here in our part of south texas.

I was going to wait, but after what happened, might go ahead and see if I can sign up.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:13 am It seems to be difficult to get the vaccine here in our part of south texas.

I was going to wait, but after what happened, might go ahead and see if I can sign up.
Oklahoma was called out as being one of the top seven states in percentage of population having been vaccinated. When I was waiting my 30 minutes after the first shot to see if I were going to have a reaction to it (15 minutes for the second) I was listening to the doctor's assistant calling names on the list they had and, except for one lady already there when I arrived and one waiting when I left...everyone else declined. I don't understand :(
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

My parents (79 yo) , in NW Wisconsin, got their 1st shots of Pfizer on the 3rd. They had no reaction, although my dad said he felt kind of tired the first day.

My county, in Central Illinois, says they have completed the 1a group, and is taking appointments for the 1b. I'm 1c. So far they're giving out Moderna. I don't know anyone who has gotten it, here, yet.
ohjodi
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Sandy wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:46 am Oklahoma was called out as being one of the top seven states in percentage of population having been vaccinated. When I was waiting my 30 minutes after the first shot to see if I were going to have a reaction to it (15 minutes for the second) I was listening to the doctor's assistant calling names on the list they had and, except for one lady already there when I arrived and one waiting when I left...everyone else declined. I don't understand :(
In my area 3/4 of nursing home healthcare workers declined the vaccine, according to a recent newspaper story. What?!

I really wonder how many young people will get the vaccine and if we’ll ever reach herd immunity. I have the same concern about other countries, too, from what I’m reading about Europe.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I got my first February 1, I am scheduled for my second on February 22.

I got a call from my Doctors group. But in my county they are running the vaccine mega center at 2 of San Antonio’s senior centers. I got mine at a third senior center.

It was very well run. My friend across the hall hall got her first yesterday, she is covered by TriCare for life.

Penny