Bought myself a present, because covid, lol

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Bought myself a present, because covid, lol

Post by ohjodi »

I bought myself a ring. It was $130. I saw it on Etsy, and LOVED it for a week while I tried talking myself out of it. You know, the Usual Sensible Reasons to Not Spend the Money.

BUT, it's been a LONG year. It works out to less than $3 per week of our year of covid, lol I did not have to charge it, and we're supposed to be stimulating the economy, right? lol Comparable rings are $250 and up (often in not great condition) , so the price was a steal, especially with the price of gold being equal to platinum, now.

It's a style that I've loved forever....1930's "Illusion" setting engagement ring. 14k. The tiny diamond does add a speck of light at the top. But I especially love all the two-tone detail.

And, the size is exactly my size. .... 7 1/4, so it was just screaming at me, lol It is smaller than the pictures make it seem....it's just under 7mm front-to-back. But it packs A LOT of sparkle and shine. The photos do not do it justice, and the only evidence of wear I see is just the tiniest bit of wear to the milli-grain in a spot on one side, but I needed a magnifying glass to see it.

I think I'm telling you all about this because I haven't been able to SHOW it to anyone, because I haven't seen anyone in almost two weeks LOL

So, thanks for indulging me, lol

https://www.etsy.com/listing/895087205/estate-diamond-ring-vintage-diamond?show_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details
ohjodi

itspennyc

Re: Bought myself a present, because covid, lol

Post by itspennyc »

Enjoy your present to yourself.

Penny

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good For you.
I believe we are frugal so that we can splurge once in a while on things important to us.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

It’s lovely. It looks very Art Deco to me.

What is life without some indulgences that make us happy. As you say, it’s been a long year especially for those of us who live alone. Enjoy!

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

that is beautiful!!

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

You deserve something lovely after such an awful year. You will enjoy it every day.
Mackie