Daily Check in Feb 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in Feb 18, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Update::

Water issue is fixed, and my worker dude told me that the company he works for has all of their people out working on heat issues and water issues.

I still have a slight headache but the area is more sore than anything else. No dizziness or nausea , I don't feel at all sleepy so that's good. Tired feeling but that's because while I was waiting around while he was working, I was running the vacuum, and doing house chores that do not require water.

I have instructed DD to leave a trickle of water going...we are supposed to get really cold again tonight and thru Sunday...

I have only done the bare minimum here at home but will get everything done tomorrow.

I have seen so many horror stories about what is going on down south......it's so awful and scary for those people, The pictures and story about Ted Cruz are appalling....I keep asking myself "what is wrong with people?" It's like they have lost their sensitivy gene.

Clem, have you ever tried melatonin gummies for your elder pup? One of Dd's dog is on them, he was acting very similar to what you are describing and the vet gave them to be used on the dog.

Off to try to get something done, and rest.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am home at last. Work was just crazy busy today. I stayed a half hour over to help organize the dinner delivery.

DH's podiatrist put him on an additional antibiotic, although he said the doc thought the hole in his toe is healing pretty well. I guess they just want to cover all the bases.

The thing with melatonin gummies for a very old dog is brilliant. Old dogs often have cataracts or lose vision, and the brain can't make melatonin if the eyes can't perceive light. (Blind children often have sleep disturbances related to low melatonin.) Since my Rosie Dog is down to the last of her vision, I will have to keep this in mind.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:33 pm Update::

Water issue is fixed, and my worker dude told me that the company he works for has all of their people out working on heat issues and water issues.

I still have a slight headache but the area is more sore than anything else. No dizziness or nausea , I don't feel at all sleepy so that's good. Tired feeling but that's because while I was waiting around while he was working, I was running the vacuum, and doing house chores that do not require water.

I have instructed DD to leave a trickle of water going...we are supposed to get really cold again tonight and thru Sunday...

I have only done the bare minimum here at home but will get everything done tomorrow.

I have seen so many horror stories about what is going on down south......it's so awful and scary for those people, The pictures and story about Ted Cruz are appalling....I keep asking myself "what is wrong with people?" It's like they have lost their sensitivy gene.

Clem, have you ever tried melatonin gummies for your elder pup? One of Dd's dog is on them, he was acting very similar to what you are describing and the vet gave them to be used on the dog.

Off to try to get something done, and rest.

JCKitty
Kitty hope your head injury is slight but you cannot be too careful. Seek medical help if things seem to be getting worse even if in the middle of the night. Gentle ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Update: Kitty I totally agree with Christmas Trees and Janet - do get yourself checked out. Head injuries are serious and you can’t be too careful.

It’s been a bit of a crazy day but in a good way. Dh and I decided to walk to the dealership to collect his car together but the walk was a lot longer than we anticipated and certainly whetted our appetite, arriving home late. With the mild weather came some snow and yet more shoveling so no additional weight work for me - hah. For some reason I can’t make the exclamation mark. I then started the process of making slow cooked spareribs and just simmered them in the frying pan. I didn’t transfer the browned ribs into a casserole dish and slow bake it in the oven as I simply didn’t want another pot to wash.

I finalized my Walmart order which I pick up tomorrow morning. I ordered my prescription and will walk there tomorrow to collect. I have a Breast Cancer Support Group Zoom meeting tomorrow afternoon. Today I didn’t even have time to listen to the speakers of the Beautiful Home, Beautiful Life Summit but since I upgraded to the lifetime access I really don’t have to worry. So it seems like tomorrow will be much like today.

Floridacatlover so happy you got your second vaccine without a hitch besides the long drive. Dd2 filled out her form for the vaccine which just arrived in her work mailbox today. So hopefully she’ll be getting it within the next month. They are still working on getting all health care workers for the hospital vaccinated first.

Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Creative I really admire how much you and your DH exercise especially with the weather where you live. Five miles in warmer weather would have been a lot for some people but to do it in winter, Wow!
Janet Alliesmama