Daily Check in February 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check in February 21, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

good morning,

Getting my first shot Thursday, it's an hour away from me. I go to Kaiser and it's the closest one.

DH and I will take a drive out today to see where it is, save me time on Thursday.

Deck and backyard are almost done, very excited.

He is building a platform near the pool equipment, it will be "movable" with 2-4 people if need be. It will be about 1000#'s. The deck guy will come out to help if it needs to be moved.

The pool leak people will be back out this Friday, hopefully to resolve the leak problem , they may need to scuba in the pool $150.00 an hour.

DH and I think that the leak may be near the pool light, it has never really been right, had trouble since 1986 when the pool was built, it's ok with DH and I if they need to just seal it off, I don't know if that is possible or not. if so we will just tell about the light if we ever sell.

Also for an extra $600 he will remove the hot tub, DH bought it in 2000 for $3500 it hasn't worked in years, YEAH for me, it's going to open the back yard up.

Sorry about the positive post when so many people are suffering.

IC
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

zI got cold during the night and my shoulder started hurting, once I covered it and I warmed up, the pain lessened and went away.

I fixed oatmeal for breakfast. I hope to bake something this morning.

I have an oatmeal crisp in the oven now. It smells wonderful.

I have some chicken in the microwave for dinner. I need to fix a vegetable.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I am now wearing regular clothing - no more PJs

Must be feeling better!! :mrgreen:

Glad we stocked up on oranges.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:39 pm good morning,

Getting my first shot Thursday, it's an hour away from me. I go to Kaiser and it's the closest one.

DH and I will take a drive out today to see where it is, save me time on Thursday.

Deck and backyard are almost done, very excited.

He is building a platform near the pool equipment, it will be "movable" with 2-4 people if need be. It will be about 1000#'s. The deck guy will come out to help if it needs to be moved.

The pool leak people will be back out this Friday, hopefully to resolve the leak problem , they may need to scuba in the pool $150.00 an hour.

DH and I think that the leak may be near the pool light, it has never really been right, had trouble since 1986 when the pool was built, it's ok with DH and I if they need to just seal it off, I don't know if that is possible or not. if so we will just tell about the light if we ever sell.

Also for an extra $600 he will remove the hot tub, DH bought it in 2000 for $3500 it hasn't worked in years, YEAH for me, it's going to open the back yard up.

Sorry about the positive post when so many people are suffering.

IC
Please don't apologize for your positive post - we share the good, bad, ugly and in between and it is nice to read what is going on with everyone - whatever it is. Take care!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Afternoon! Clem, so glad you are feeling better! Take it easy though! I've been cooking all day for the upcoming week and I'm getting tired. The sun is still shining and it is 33 degrees - can I say that it feels absolutely TROPICAL??? I mean it feels WARM!! Isn't that a testament to the weather we have been experiencing?

DD's dog came out of their rooms and played with my dogs for a few minutes. We supervise them closely and keep the visits short - they haven't spent a lot of time together and we don't just want to throw them together and look the other way. They all seemed to enjoy it - though my Hope gets a little timid after a couple of minutes of rough play.

They don't come into direct contact typically as we have baby gates stacked to the ceiling that separate "my space" from the "common space" that leads into "DD's space" (I hope that makes sense - my house has a weird layout) and DD & her dog use the front entrance, me and my dogs use the back entrance.

Well I'm off to do some more things to get ready for the work week. I tell ya, between the shopping and cleaning and cooking, it doesn't feel like I have had a weekend. Oh well.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, I know what you mean about just above freezing feeling down right warm. I guess we would adapt to brutal weather if we had to.

ICFrugal, that's great about getting your backyard fixed up. You do love and enjoy your pool, so the work is worth it.

I made a cottage pie with TVP instead of ground beef for my lunches this week and put the potatoes inside in little chunks instead of on top. It came out quite good. The bags of potatoes we've been getting lately have had three good sized baking potatoes and handfuls of little bitty ones, so this used up some of the little ones.

Got a chocolate bundt cake in the oven right now. DH's birthday is Tuesday, an awkward day to celebrate and we can't go to a restaurant because we aren't vaccinated yet. So I am making cake tonight and we will celebrate early with a take-out pizza.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.
Mackie