Daily Check-In for March 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Daily Check-In for March 1, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone!

Just to get us started.

Creative

Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check-In for March 1, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Upon checking my agenda, I have two appointments this week. One is a phone consultation with my radiation oncologist. I will receive the results of the blood work she had ordered. The one on Wednesday is at my dentist for a routine six month cleaning. I am a bit nervous about the dental one with our highest rates of Covid ever, but feel it is very important to go as one of the side effects of aromatase inhibitors is depletion of calcium in the body. I take pride in having good teeth with only a few fillings, so I will bite the bullet and go. I have been once before during the pandemic and they adhere to very high standards of cleanliness and Covid prevention/screening.

I watched another presenter this morning from my Beautiful Home, Beautiful Life Summit and was inspired to do yet a bit more decluttering. I know that part of my problem is that I get very emotionally attached to items. But I’m going to mail off some postcards to a mother of three special needs children who requested some so her kids could learn about different countries and cities in the world and have some fun mail to look forward to. I find it easier when I know my stuff is going to good use. As a former group home supervisor for children and adults who were developmentally delayed, it’s near and dear to my heart. This was my first career, the second being education.

If the sidewalks get cleared and sanded, I will venture a walk outside this morning. My appointment is in the afternoon. If not, it will be the treadmill downstairs while watching GMA. Actually I think I will do that and follow with my weight, sit up and core routines.

Just another routine day here. No spending and I’m sure no driving today.

Make the most of today!
Creative

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am hopeful that the weather changes a bit over the next few days. According to the forecast all of this week is supposed to be beautiful. March coming in like a lamb. My enforced slow down could be much easier to handle if in fact I could get outside and breath fresh air without the added worry of falling on ice. We shall see what happens.

I got my shower yesterday (a strange one following the nurses and doctor orders on how to take it) but I at least feel reasonably clean and refreshed. I am however looking forward to the bath I am allowed in 7 days and the soaking off and removal of the dressings. I will have some new dressings handy if necessary.

Today I will continue binge watching McLeods Daughters on Prime. I am up to season 4 (well half way through that season) but I really don't like it as much now that the oldest has been killed off. Not the same show any longer. Still have 4 seasons left to go though (and each season has at least 26 episodes) so I will push through just in case.

I will also be sending Hubby to buy more water, and pick up his meds today. Whoo hoo I get to talk to new people on the phone (pharmacy) and set up a hair cut for him. My cut will have to wait until I feel up to driving anywhere (which according to my discharge papers I can actually do).

I finished off the prayer shawl yesterday and started a new one. I hope to get at least one more done this month. If the sun comes out today I may do some cross stitch for a bit of a change or pin and sew together some 9 patch blocks. We got snow yesterday, quite a bit actually so knitting was about the only activity I could do.

Did the budget entries yesterday and am quite happy with the results. Yes we went over in a couple of categories, but over all did very well. This month is going to be a rough one as well but I am sure we will be okay. I was under in groceries this month, so if I can plan on only hitting Walmart once a month I will be able to keep my spending well under control.

Supper tonight is going to be leftovers from last night. Though I think I may have to warm up the noodles from the night before as I am not sure about the leftover scalloped potatoes being enough. I will also have to make a bit more corn. I really am forcing myself to eat, drinking at least 1 liter of water everyday is filling me up. The high fiber I am eating as well could also have something to do with it.

Today I am grateful that the weather just might improve enough for me to have a walk outside by the end of the week.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:38 am
Good morning beautiful people,

Upon checking my agenda, I have two appointments this week. One is a phone consultation with my radiation oncologist. I will receive the results of the blood work she had ordered. The one on Wednesday is at my dentist for a routine six month cleaning. I am a bit nervous about the dental one with our highest rates of Covid ever, but feel it is very important to go as one of the side effects of aromatase inhibitors is depletion of calcium in the body. I take pride in having good teeth with only a few fillings, so I will bite the bullet and go. I have been once before during the pandemic and they adhere to very high standards of cleanliness and Covid prevention/screening.

I watched another presenter this morning from my Beautiful Home, Beautiful Life Summit and was inspired to do yet a bit more decluttering. I know that part of my problem is that I get very emotionally attached to items. But I’m going to mail off some postcards to a mother of three special needs children who requested some so her kids could learn about different countries and cities in the world and have some fun mail to look forward to. I find it easier when I know my stuff is going to good use. As a former group home supervisor for children and adults who were developmentally delayed, it’s near and dear to my heart. This was my first career, the second being education.

If the sidewalks get cleared and sanded, I will venture a walk outside this morning. My appointment is in the afternoon. If not, it will be the treadmill downstairs while watching GMA. Actually I think I will do that and follow with my weight, sit up and core routines.

Just another routine day here. No spending and I’m sure no driving today.

Make the most of today!
Creative
Creative, the emotional attachment to some items is amazing. I am still working my way through that.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I’m the Queen of emotional attachment to items, even books. (My emotional attachment extends to an entire single-family home!)

I slept fairly well but went to bed late. Pippi woke me at 5.

I plan to go to mom’s house and do something, probably trimming. On the way there I’ll run into Publix and buy Pippi’s most recent favorite cat food.

Last night I added up my February expenses. They were OK. Gas was high due to vaccine travel and higher prices. Entertainment was high because of some puzzle purchases. (No more puzzles! I have enough plus I have the library puzzles.) My biggest financial concern for the year (as of now) is homeowner’s insurance. It is already very high IMO ($2800) and there have been several news reports saying insurance is skyrocketing for a reason I can’t remember.

I received an offer from Chase for a $200 bonus for opening a savings account. The interest rate is minuscule but you only have to leave the money there for 90 days. I’m lazy but I think I can do the whole thing electronically so I think it’s worth it and I have the CD money I just cashed not earning much interest. I’ll do that this morning. (Of course the $200 is taxable. I always forget about that.)

I’m glad that I decided to do the Carmel puzzle. I think I have the parts with the tiny printing and images finished and the rest is easier. It’s an illustrated map of Carmel from 2016.

Have a good day.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. It's raining yet again here in Tennessee. This part of the state has as much annual rainfall as Seattle. I always wanted to visit the Pacific Northwest, but not like this! :-D

I had a shopping list for work items to bring this morning and managed to find most of the stuff around the house. You know how you wind up with a stack of grubby, dog-eared, mostly used up packs of Post-It notes stuck in a drawer at home? I dug those out and brought them to work to use. This is the year of using stuff up around our house.

There are only seven students in my building this morning, which is good news. I'm hoping that number stays low until the next big social event (St. Patrick's Day), after which we expect to inundated again.

Off to fiddle with more lists and spreadsheets. I hope you all have a lovely day and Jackie, that you continue to feel really good. (((HUGS)))
Mackie