Settle the argument?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Settle the argument?

Post by Mrscreative »

Yes Maggie, that’s what they’re advising in Canada too. You don’t have to quarantine, just wear a mask when in public indoor spaces especially until there is enough herd immunity. No need for a mask inside your house with the people you live with! And no need to stay home from work. Mask wearing and hand sanitizing won’t be going away anytime soon.

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

SandiSAHM wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:29 pm I have a friend who has told me that because I'm getting a covid shot tomorrow, I have to wear a mask in the house with the other people in my bubble until like 10 days after my 2nd shot because, otherwise, I will give them the bug. :shock:

My reply: Clearly you don't understand how vaccines work, or what they are...

Whoo!! Pushed the wrong button on that one. Told friend I would take it to a panel of impartial smart - and some are even already vaccinated - people.

This one is just like... chickenpox, right? No LIVE bug in there, ergo no possibility of spreading it to my unvaccinated bubblemates.

Sometimes I wonder what in the world kind of media this person watches. This is like 8th grade science - maybe 7th, I forget - and she's a TEACHER. What are those children learning, I wonder.
The problem is you could be asymptotic before the vaccine. However if you’re in the same bubble before and not wearing masks, getting the vaccine won’t make a difference. If you were all wearing masks, you should continue to do so .
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

None of the Vaccines will give you COVID.

Penny
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

No, you do not have to wear a mask at home after getting the vaccine.

The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines do not contain any actual Coronavirus at all, live or dead. Instead, they have some of those unique "protein spikes" from the outside of the corona cells. Those spikes do not contain any virus. Our immune system then builds up immunity to those spikes, so the virus cannot take hold.

Here's a link explaining how it works.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/moderna-covid-19-vaccine.html

And here is a really interesting article about the origins of the "mRNA" vaccine technology (Moderna/Phizer), which actually began SIXTY years ago.

https://www.macleans.ca/society/science/scientists-mrna-covid-vaccines/?fbclid=IwAR3tRZQotUXJkeT4m8bpElfTnQuP512TTFpv0pXvMMQz7GKE0_ELuJpvHNc
ohjodi
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Also CDC info about how the different vaccines work.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html
ohjodi
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I'm not going to argue with her, I'll just send her the links Jodi sent and ignore email for a while :lol:

I guess it's good she doesn't teach SCIENCE, exactly. She's with little kids, so maybe basic stuff. Hopefully nothing about viruses. She's not even an "anti-vaxxer," I think she's just confused, but true to her style if she's confused you still can't tell her she's wrong. We went to high school together and this is the LAST person you'd have pegged to ever be a teacher, mostly because she was a little on the wild side. Ten years after graduation when her own kid started school she decided college might be a good idea after all... she was STELLAR as a college student, all while running a household with a hubby who had weird work hours and with a little kid. Talk about a 180!

Hopefully she will read and be enlightened. In the meantime, I've had a shot and smooched the spouse. He seems to be doing fine so far :lol: