Daily Check-in March 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in March 14, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Hope everyone remembered to set their clocks ahead for daylight savings?

Happy Mother's Day to Rinty in the UK.

I have not slept a wink. The man who bought my brother's farm has apparently separated the calves from their mothers and the Mama cows have been bawling loudly all afternoon and evening and now in to the night. This will go on for days. My brother said usually by the 3rd day they seem to be better. My neighbors has not moved in to their house yet it is still under renovations. I think if they were living there he would not have moved the herd so close to the house. My house sits in front of their barn and there is maybe a couple of acres or more between my house and their barn. The noise is sad, overwhelming, and so loud! Hopefully the next time he separates them they will be living in their house and will understand he needs to leave the cows down in the meadow otherwise I do not know how he and his family will be able to stand the noise.

Teddi is doing well. Still more sleepy than usual but at the same time he is eating and going out to potty and is back to sniffing ever blade of grass when he is outside.. I was concerned that the cows bawling would stress him out since sounds affect him however they do not seem to be a problem.

Have a good Sunday.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in March 14, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:49 am Hope everyone remembered to set their clocks ahead for daylight savings?

Happy Mother's Day to Rinty in the UK.

I have not slept a wink. The man who bought my brother's farm has apparently separated the calves from their mothers and the Mama cows have been bawling loudly all afternoon and evening and now in to the night. This will go on for days. My brother said usually by the 3rd day they seem to be better. My neighbors has not moved in to their house yet it is still under renovations. I think if they were living there he would not have moved the herd so close to the house. My house sits in front of their barn and there is maybe a couple of acres or more between my house and their barn. The noise is sad, overwhelming, and so loud! Hopefully the next time he separates them they will be living in their house and will understand he needs to leave the cows down in the meadow otherwise I do not know how he and his family will be able to stand the noise.

Teddi is doing well. Still more sleepy than usual but at the same time he is eating and going out to potty and is back to sniffing ever blade of grass when he is outside.. I was concerned that the cows bawling would stress him out since sounds affect him however they do not seem to be a problem.

Have a good Sunday.
How distressing that must be. Hope it all works out.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I stayed up tonight to see the time change. I had never done that before.

Can I cross that off my bucket list? LOL

It was weird to see my computer time change like that

Hope all have a great day.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Happy Mothers Day to me ! going well thus far, if anyone fancies a google, I got a Jo Malone candle in a gift box :shock:

Good times.

DH making roast chockena nd all the fixin's followed by Marks and pencers macaroons.

Bring it on.

Everything else in the world irriates the muck out of me. Not least this clunky/can't spell for bouncing around with the ads forum.

I can indeed spell in every other format on the net.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Morning All. It is chilly and breezy - but oh, that bright springtime sun!! Love it!! I slept well after a day of spring cleaning yesterday...busy, busy, busy. I slept well and long after a day of washing baseboards, windowsills, etc. How grimy things were from the winter!

Janet, dairy cows just break my heart - one of the reasons I try to eat vegan most of the time. I could rant on about it but I won't - I would likely get booted from the forum.

The cleaning continues today - mostly just putting things back together - hanging up curtains that I washed yesterday, etc. Wishing you all a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:06 am How distressing that must be. Hope it all works out.
i forgot, but I have a clock that changes on its own. Thinking about replacing all, but state just keeps talking about staying same all yr.