Daily Check In March 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In March 16, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Mackie, I totally understand about being tired from DST and also being emotionally tired.

I have laundry in the dryer and I shredded two bags of paper that I decluttered last night. I’m partly through gift wrap and gift bags that I’m decluttering. OMG! I have a big plastic standing container for gift wrap and I’m going yo donate the whole thing including the gift wrap. I’m saving four rolls of gift wrap that I especially like. I also have two big department store-sized bags (the kind the used to give years ago) full of gift bags. I keep those bags hanging in the closet and they are heavy. I went through one of the bags and put the decluttered bags into the plastic gift wrap container for donation. I’m taking a break and will go through the other gift bags and hope to end up with just one department-store bag.

I want to go to mom’s house since I didn’t go yesterday but need to finish the laundry and will give Pippi her 1/4 sedative a bit early for her appointment this afternoon. I really don’t plan to do much at moms house, just check on things. If my Rx is ready I’ll pick it up.

Seems like I feel tired all the time lately.

Have a good day.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:08 am
It is emotionally tiring. I have been living in my head for a year now, I have not learned to live alone in the 4-1/2 years since my separation and Divorce. It is emotionally taxing. I am looking forward to doing more socializing in about 5-1/2 weeks (2 weeks after my 4/7 second shot).
I have lived alone most of my life but I agree that the last year in particular has been so stressful. I was good to get out yesterday and I have another lunch planned. As much as people criticize Florida, I’m thankful that we’ve been as open as we’ve been during Covid. To me the lockdown in the UK is WAY too strick.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I woke up closer to my normal time 6:15 this morning.

I have partially remade my bed, the sheets are in the dryer. Since I didn’t do the towels yesterday they are in the washer.

My trash is gathered and out, I had 2 bags and a carton from my computer that I filled with flattened tissue boxes. And other cardboard. I also had a lot of envelopes from things I have ordered. Overall more is going out than is coming in.

Breakfast was oatmeal with the last of the blueberries.

I have a button to sew on my jacket. I also want to cut out 2 bib patterns.

Penny

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ugh - need more sleep. But the pups wanted out.

It is a gloomy day not like yesterday. Not sure what I will do - did a lot yesterday - well for me anyway.

Did get the Biden Bucks in the account this morning.

They are opening up appointments for the vaccine - will try to call later.

too drowsy to do it now......

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I seem to be tired all the time as well, but I figure it is because my body needs some healing time.

After yesterday and all the walking, and getting in and out of the car. I am taking it relatively easy today. I did do a bit of cleaning to catch up, but will now rest before I do the next set of a few cleaning items.

mona50

Post by mona50 »

Maggie, you hit the nail on the head - "living inside my head". It wasn't a great space pre Covid but now . . . WHEW!!! I also look around at what i have NOT accomplished over the last year such as new hobbies, baking, decluttering and get even more emotionally exhausted.