Daily Check in March 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in March 24, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, does he hate shopping because he hates being responsible for picking out the items? If so, would he accompany you while you point out what you want and he does the lifting? Now, if he just plain hates being in the grocery store, then there's no hope for it, but if it's feeling overwhelmed by all the choices and the responsibility, then you have the cure for that.

I really cannot trust DH to do a week's shopping alone and get it right or not bankrupt us. That he's also on the spectrum REALLY kicks in when he tries to shop. He accompanies me almost every week just to reach things on high shelves and pick up heavy stuff, and I really appreciate that. But he pays no attention to store brands, unit pricing, where items are located, or anything like that. By himself in a store, he can't locate half a list of things we routinely buy and that he's seen me buy hundreds of times. It just does not compute.
Mackie

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Slept "just okay" ...it's the getting to sleep that gives me the most problems. Maybe I will try what Mackie said in her post...it can't hurt :?

My chicken noodle soup turned out great...I shared with DD2, she was impressed. I have enough for lunch today...or supper.... depends on my stomach. It seems better but still spasming a bit.

It is warmer outside but vey overcast this AM. Storms overnight, I heard them but tried to sleep thru them.

Our governor has said masks will not be required after April 6th only suggested :roll: I am worried about this... too many people will just throw them away and I already just do not feel safe. I for one am going to wear a mask and I am still not going to just go about like it never happened.

Heard on the news this morning that building supplies are up 185%....any thoughts of building my "cabin" are most defiantly on the back burner.

I might try to work in the garage this afternoon, I have already ordered my mulch and am "on the list". I have an outdoor pot that needs repair and I need to paint a couple...making a list of materials that are needed. Trying to repair and use what I have. Getting anxious to go out and do Spring things in the yard. I know I am rushing it but can't seem to help myself LOL

I need to clean out the woodstove, haven't been burning it as the temps have been such that it would get too warm in the house but I will probably burn it this end of the week if they go down as predicted.

Looking forward to being able to deep clean the stove area and "put it to bed" for the year. I love it and the heat but am really tired of the mess/dust.

I hope we hear from LittleMiss and Colonial Girl....

JCKitty

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Today is cloudy with frozen rain pellets. So a perfect day to stay home and complete our income tax returns. I am grateful we didn’t get the huge amount of snow predicted.

Dh has been busy this morning already with storing away our snowshoes and skis. He swept out the garage, which is an ongoing project all the year round up here. In the winter it’s wonderful to have a vehicle parked into the garage as then there’s no need to brush off the snow. But the tires collect a lot of grit from the salt and sand that get trapped in the treads. Not to mention the ice that accumulates on your tire wells and bumpers. He wore a dust mask as it’s a filthy job!

My raisin bread from yesterday turned out pretty good, considering I had no idea where it was at in the kneading process. I let it rise once, punched it down and let it rise again and put it in the pan. So I would label that food save as pretty good - just a bit heavier than I like. I am going to keep an eye on Facebook Marketplace to see if one comes up. What brands do you recommend?

Well off to do the taxes, or at least DD2’s. Hers is very straight forward . Dh’s and mine is a little more complicated as we income split and I have to play around with the figures to determine the optimal split, tax wise.

A contractor is coming today to give an estimate for the air conditioning. That’s about all the excitement here.

Have a wonderful day!
Creative

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:49 am
Jackie, does he hate shopping because he hates being responsible for picking out the items? If so, would he accompany you while you point out what you want and he does the lifting? Now, if he just plain hates being in the grocery store, then there's no hope for it, but if it's feeling overwhelmed by all the choices and the responsibility, then you have the cure for that.

I really cannot trust DH to do a week's shopping alone and get it right or not bankrupt us. That he's also on the spectrum REALLY kicks in when he tries to shop. He accompanies me almost every week just to reach things on high shelves and pick up heavy stuff, and I really appreciate that. But he pays no attention to store brands, unit pricing, where items are located, or anything like that. By himself in a store, he can't locate half a list of things we routinely buy and that he's seen me buy hundreds of times. It just does not compute.
I do go with him. I think it is just the shopping that gets to him and all the people (really not that many in the grand scheme of things. He also thinks it takes too long...but one must follow the arrows.

mona50

Post by mona50 »

Hi Jackie! Is curbside pickup from Walmart not an option for you in your area?

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

No sun today but I'm okay with that for some reason. The other day it was just so blah.

I slept okay. Even managed to get up before 8. It is weird how it takes me a while to get going. But today I am already dressed. I get more energy as the day goes on. Yesterday afternoon I even cleared out two more raised beds to get ready for more tomatoes.

The COD is going to go pick up lunch from Olive Garden. Isn't that nice of him? Guess he liked that one last meal my sister dropped off a few weeks ago. We will also get some for other sister.

No mice bodies around this morning. Maybe later

Have a great day.