Daily Check in March 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in March 29, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Update number 2 - the dryer is now fixed for an inexpensive $80. The flat service fee was $69.99 plus tax and he replaced the part {on/off switch) for free. Dh was wanting to get a new dryer and I’m glad I talked him out of it. The delivery and removal fee alone came to that sum.

I am one happy woman! Now with a working bread maker and dryer!!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

:D Great save.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:23 am
Good morning friends.

Jackie, I’m glad that your DS does not have Covid.

Creative, good luck with the dryer repair. My friend just had her dishwasher repaired and was very pleased so I’ll get the name of the repairman just in case. (I had mom’s washer repaired but he charged a LOT so I think my friend’s guy is better.) My washer and dryer are both 30 years old. My friend’s DH ordered the parts for their dishwasher and was going to do it himself but dealing with the plumbing and electric together scared him.

It is a foggy morning and it is supposed to be a bit cooler today. I plan to go to mom’s house and do something. Then I’ll drop off some of my donations at the church school thrift store.

Next up in decluttering will be my craft closet. First will be knitting pattern books along with other craft booklets. I’ve looked up a knitting group that seems to meet once a week at a knitting store about eight miles away. So I’ll try to give the knitting books/booklets there rather than SA or other general charity shop. I’ll try to go through them in the next few days.

Tonight I’m going to watch a Netflix show called “The Last Blockbuster,” which is described as a love letter to the pretty much defunct chain. I met the Blockbuster founder in my job and he was a good guy and did a lot for his local Florida city, Fort Lauderdale.

Have a good day.
FCL,
I wish I lived in your area & attended the local knitting group--I could use some extra knitting pattern inspiration to get my knitting mojo back (I only knit on dishcloths these days, despite several in-progress projects that need finishing). That knitting group is Lucky! :)

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:36 am
FCL,
I wish I lived in your area & attended the local knitting group--I could use some extra knitting pattern inspiration to get my knitting mojo back (I only knit on dishcloths these days, despite several in-progress projects that need finishing). That knitting group is Lucky! :)
Gayle, I found out this morning that the local knitting group is not yet meeting because of Covid and the store does not want to take these pattern books. So ... if you would like them I’ll mail the best of them to you. A number of the pattern books are for baby and children’s clothes. I already have your address from when you were going through the cancer. It won’t be right away that I’ll mail them, maybe next week. I think my private message box is full or close to full so just let me know on here that you really do want them. ❤️

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:03 pm
I was craving Jimmy Dean sausage so bought that also. Mmmm sausage and eggs. Good breakfast.

Still no 409 spray at the local stores....
Clem,
I have recently started seeing 409 spray at my local Dollar Tree store. Do you have one near you where you could check for it?

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:55 pm
Went ahead and planted some carrot seeds that the COD purchased. You really can't plant them individually, they are so small, so just spread them around and pat a bit of dirt on them

Once they sprout, i will transplant into rows

I am getting so sleepy............
Have you ever tried making your own seed tape, for carrot or onion seeds?

I think I saw a how-to video tutorial from our own Erin (or some other frugal gardening person) using single ply toilet paper, tweezers, and Elmer's glue--I made exactly 2 squares-worth before I got distracted and put the project away.