Thursday April 1. Check in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Thursday April 1. Check in

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:48 pm good morning,

it feels like summer here, I won't be surprised if it's a hot day.

Today is fluids only day, so I had 7-up for breakfast. :lol: Took my metformin, so needed some sugar with it.

IC
IC good luck with your test.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:18 am Happy April Fools day. Hope you all are not fooled today. Hardly slept last night. Stomach issues from eating chicken casserole with sour cream. Enjoyed it while I was eating it. Lol Buddy woke me up at 2 am, so decided to get up. Have a happy and safe day everyone.
Ownedby dogs hope you feel better soon.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:10 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in a bit this morning (okay a whole hour almost) and now will be playing catch up for most of the day. I did stay up a bit later reading my book which could be why.

Well Hubby had no reaction to his shot yesterday, so here is hoping that he has no reaction today or tomorrow. I then think we will be safe in that regard. He said the whole thing went like clockwork, hopefully the same thing occurs when it is my turn. I have all the papers he was given handy and will be ready to rebook as soon as they are taking 2nd bookings. He got the Moderna vaccine so I think that is what they are using in the smaller centers of the province.

Busy day ahead. Cookies to make, shopping to do, and a house to tidy up a little bit. I am then going to take it easy by doing some sewing. I will be needing to move the chair out of the living room and back to the dining room as well. I am not sure at what time the DS's will be home tomorrow, or if in fact the youngest will come home tonight. All I know is that I am super excited. The beginning of this day also brings me one day closer to the day I get my rescheduled jab. Oh happy day.

My computer and/or the forum is doing weird things. I actually wen from writing this into preview with out me seemingly press a thing. Yesterday it took me to draft somehow. Well at least I am not losing my posts.

The temperature is much better than yesterday and so as soon as I finish this I will either be off for a walk or waking Hubby up to go shopping (think I better walk first or go shopping myself) as I have nothing really heavy to purchase. Except coke, and coke zero, but there are ways of getting around that. I could send Hubby for those items later in the day.

Now I need to think of a title for this months no spend challenge, and I have an idea for a different approach to an old challenge. I just need to think it through a bit more. I will post both later and check in with all of you if anything exciting actually happens around here.

Supper tonight will be the leftover baked spaghetti.

Today I am grateful for the warmer weather to walk in.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Good to hear your DH did well with his jab.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:33 am Good Morning,

I, too, woke up a little after 2. I actually got out of bed and then decided to crawl back in and try and sleep more. Work was on my mind. I feel like a juggler who is dropping all the balls. I am off tomorrow for the funeral of my "cousin".

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie my condolences for your loss.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:10 am Janet, I know that furry friend routine all too well - holding out from eating in hopes to get something better.

You have great neighbors!
Florida cat my neighbors are amazing. Years ago my brother was thrown from his horse. This man called me to tell my brother that he had fed the horses, cattle, cats, and dogs. He did this for months without being asked. Also my brother had 60 acres that needed to be cut routinely and he did that as well. He would not take a dime. When my SIL was on bedrest for 6 weeks due to surgery his wife would bring hot meals 3 times a week with enough leftover for lunches.. They are the best.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:09 pm Yes, I did. This is my second Tiny Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I have several more to knit.

Penny
That is so cool. You are so amazing with your Tiny's.
Janet Alliesmama